Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Ribbon Repair (Wire)

stevehohm

I am trying to repair a CCR Ribbon.  The four wires that run from the CCR controller to the ribbon were chewed through (mangled) by a rabbit this past December.  In my trial and error of reconnecting the wires, I think I have messed up the ribbon.  It stays on all of the time, with the 12V DC wire on pin 4 and the Ground on pin 1 of the connector.  The clock wire is pin 2, and the data wire is pin 3.  I am thinking that I have a bad first pixel on the CCR.  Is that repairable?

Is there a good beginner step by step tutorial series for DIY CCR home brew kits?

I'd like to learn more, but I don't know where to start in the hobby of DIY CCR.

Best to start a ticket with LOR Support and see if your CCR ribbon would/could be sent in for repair. If you have already made modifications then the true warranty would be voided most likely, but if you have a bad pixel they might be able to repair and sent back at small charge. This only applies if this is an actual LOR CCR ribbon. Any third party ribbon would be a different story. You also do not want to damage the CCR Controller by wiring incorrectly which could be more costly. Before going any further suggest you get with LOR support.

• The topic was locked