Light-O-Rama Forums

Help With E682

anthonyrusso3

Had Everything Working Fine, Upgraded Fios to new router with quicker internet access, Tried to change over to Unicast and now nothing seems to work either unicast or multicast.    Lights work fine with xlights test

but nothing in lor......

Setup new NetGear 10/100 mbps fast ethernet switch from computer

Controller setup for multicast   

Have lor network setup for 192.168.1.206    listening on port 5568    cannot fiqure where i went wrong.  Please help......

1. First thing to do is check network settings in the LOR DMX Network Tab. Make sure you have Unicast checked and each Universe specified to 192.168.1.206. If you'll be using all 12 universes, you have to specify each Universe with the E682 IP address. Make sure the E682 is set to Unicast too. If the E682 is in Multicast, The LOR Network needs to be set for Multicast. The default IP that will gray out should be 239.255.0.1 in Multicast. Both LOR DMX network and the E682 need to match either way.
  2. Make sure the Comm Listener is running with all of your Universes opened.
  3. And lastly make sure the "Control Lights" stays checked. You'll need your RS485 attached unless you take it out of the loop in the LOR Tab

These are common things to look for, at least that's what was common for me when I was trying to get mine running last year.

With your comment about xLights, that rules out a bad cable.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Thanks for the Reply Ron so far nothing i seem to setup in unicast wants to work, so I went back to trying multicast, my lor network says its setup as 239.255.0.1  thru .6 and my sandevice setup should also be setup as the same address ?

I think I am Network confused cant believe i had it working the first time...... right now sandevice is setup for the 192.168.1.206 so I should change it to 239.255.0.1 ?

If it's in Multicast, just leave it as is. It's a default IP address. The only time you have to assign an IP address is in Unicast mode. Has to be done in both LOR and the 682

OK well when I try to run a sequence no lights. Control lights unchecks itself. I can check it and the lights will start running while the sequence is in action but they are not working correctly. Any ideas

To keep control lights checked, you'll either need to attach an LOR RS485 to a USB port. This is assuming you have one set up. Another way, is to take it out of the LOR tab in the Network Preferences. Don't forget to add it back in when you hook up the LOR controllers though.

See this Post by DevMike: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/23207-initial-setup-for-e131-if-you-do-not-have-an-lor-rs485-usb-adapter/

Ron you are a genius, I guess when the verizon guy disconnected my old router he pulled the usb out it wasnt connected..... Thank you ..

Ron you are a genius, I guess when the verizon guy disconnected my old router he pulled the usb out it wasnt connected..... Thank you ..

Good grief man, don't say something like that. You'll ruin my rep. :ph34r:

Glad I could help. Most, if not all of the things I mentioned, come from personal experience and my learning last year. I'm glad you got it all figured out.

Happy lighting.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Hey genius...how about you come wire up my house? I know I'm going to screw something up this year.

Hey genius...how about you come wire up my house? I know I'm going to screw something up this year.

:P

Edited by Ron Boyd

Previously I had been able to see my program screen with an IP adress direct network cable to E6804 controller, no wireless on. Settings were done and wanted to run a test on lights.

Went to the test box and tried 1,2,3 and none of these would activate the light test, and hit the Update System Info. Last year ran with Multicast, and have been trying to get Unicast working. Up to this point I had the Unicast highlighted and saved but was using Firmware Version 4.12. The lastest paperwork released May 23 says current version is 4.026 which seems odd as it is a lower number than the older version? I had not done any firmware upgrade as totally confused on how. Anyways, now no communication to controller. Have tried to reset the IP Address using the Over-ride code for a temporary IP address with code 4,5, and 6 and none of these worked. The Red light is on steady on the board, and the green light flashes fast all the time after I do any of the Over-Ride code reset. Any ideas out there to reset the board back to some default setting. I have tried quite a few IP addresses and none have made contact yet with the board. I have a USB adapter hooked up, and the comm listener is running. Worked fine last year in multi-cast, but needed to switch to Unicast as I have a second controller to add and 7 more universes.

Actually my post is about a 6804, before I get to the 682. Some progress made in regard to getting the 6804 controller configuration page up and communicating to the 6804 board. Tested both with multi-cast and Unicast within the configuration page and have been able to run tests 1,2,3,4 with no major issues. In test 4 there is a delay of a couple of seconds between each output startup but they work. Have not been able to get LOR to communicate in Unicast, so have setup in Multicast currently. I have 3.11.2 running with windows 7, loaded new USB drivers and have a USB hooked up. Opened up a sequence, network settings set for multicast in LOR and universes assigned. Comm listener opens up, and have to hit control the lights to start sequence, and un check control the lights to stop sequence? (Don't remember having to do that last year?)I used the same controller last year with last year software, but on an XP laptop. Thus far with windows 7 not much luck. The blue light comes on when the sequence starts up, but the lights coming on do not match the sequencing? This is same sequence from last year, which worked fine? Same set up in the config file regarding pixels and those assignments which should work. Have tried to run the Sacnview but not having much luck. Does anyone have some simple directions on how to get it going. It loads up, but I have not been able to get it to do anything. I would like to get the 6804 going before diving into the 682 that still needs testing. Open to any ideas.