Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Configuration File

colonel

As far I know it's not in a file (at least not that I've ever seen any indication of). I would assume it's in the registry somewhere (although a quick look did not find it).

I found it in the Registry.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared

Under that there is a NetVersion which will pointing to one of the Networks listed below that. For example my NetVerson is currently: E1CFBAEF1DB54ED380887302403505EF

In my case there are 3 Network entries - the most recent one is NetworkE1CFBAEF1DB54ED380887302403505EF

That appears to have the Regular network and then under that there are all the other possible LOR and DMX networks AuxA through AuxO and DMX1 through DMX999). Each one will have the parameters for that network. Appears to all be there if you poke enough.

I did a little experimenting to see what changes in SE would do in the Registry and have it pretty well figured out. However there is likely no way that I would manually modify the Registry since it's so easy to do in the LOR software.

---===>>> WARNING <<<===---

Only mess around with the Registry if you know what you are doing. There are parameters that can be changed in the Registry that will render your computer non-bootable.

---===>>> WARNING <<<===---

OK, that's too much trouble. I was hoping to use edlin or notepad.<g I regedit but the gui may be just as quick. Thanks.

Yea, I would not think it worth the effort to directly edit the Registry. I also am one of those geeks that does use RegEdit, but since the GUI works OK, theree is not much point in it for this...

I was looking for a way to make the backup computers easier to keep sync'd-setup. I have mirrors, Casper, Cubby but will have to peck the network stuff in. Hardware is unique and that is a good way they have it.

• 1 month later...

I found it in the Registry.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Shared

Finally got around to working on this. I used EXPORT in the reg editor and IMPORT to move the network config over to a new computer from what now is the backup computer. Saved a lot of typing. I could notepad it and add or change fairly easily before I import too.   Thanks for finding the location.

Edited by colonel