Light-O-Rama Forums

Simply putting in a color - not a fade etc...

tbetgeorge

I'd like to apologize ahead of time for my simple question that has probably been answered a million times. Unfortunately, I promise I have searched  and searched, so at this point I'm going to ask anyhow...

Is there a way to simply put in a color on an RGB channel without it being a color fade? I know you can color fade to the same color - but I feel like there has to be an easier way? When I select the color fade option, I always seem to drag wrong and generate errors, accidental fills, and I won't go on - I'm probably just inept and I apologize. Just checking if I'm missing something obvious. If not, I think LOR should make it a button in future updates...

- Tom

The only other option is to seperate or expand the RGB channel so that the 3 channels of red, green and blue are exposed. Then you can use on, off, fade etc for each channel to create your colors and effects.

The color fade is set to autofill so if you just try to push in a square it will fill the entire line. Drag it either direction and it stops in that block. I don't know if you can turn autofill off but others have complained about this. I didn't read those posts simply because once I started dragging the auto fill became useful. Example, I can quickly make my CCRs one color for the entire song with less than 3 clicks.

Sax

Creating a 'fade' out of the same color is the only way I know of to make a solid RGB color. Like Sax, it's something I'm so used to now, it's something that happens quickly and without much thought.

• 2 months later...

Another option is to use the "Saved Tools" feature. If there's a color you use most often, create a color fade for a single color, and when it shows up in the "Recent Tools" list, right click on that "tool" and select "Save Tool". That way, you can select that particular color and drag it across whatever timing you have set for that part of the sequence.