Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director, Need some help from users

plasmadrive

I am looking to use one of the new MP3 Directors for an installation I have up coming.  I have not used one yet and to be quite honest, the manual seems to leave a lot to be desired. (though I only skimmed it).  Can anyone point me in the right direction to avoid "gotchyas"

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Edited by plasmadrive

First, which MP3, the G3 or mDM? Are you looking at using 1 or 2 Nets? Will you be running a Start and End time, continuous, one time through or triggered?

Would help focusing any help your way.

G3. 

One network according to the help desk is all I should need.  I am using triggers for shows and effects.  They will run via a contact closure from an astronomic timer for the start time and will shut off at a set time every night.. ie... midnight.

The background show will run continuous for that duration with effects triggered or overlayed randomly from a trigger input... That is what I want to do anyway.

OK..  I have gone back and reread the manual.... I may have found what I needed....  Playing a "Filler sequence" might do what I want for background and then I will trigger the other stuff as needed..

Some times it takes different voltages for the brain cells to light up. :D  They don't seem to light up as easily as they used to.  :blink:

Some times it takes different voltages for the brain cells to light up. :D  They don't seem to light up as easily as they used to.  :blink:

LOL!  Yeah, now they are just RB.. B seem to be a bit slower now a days..

It was a really small end of page kind of also ran thing.. That is why I missed it the first time around..

Answering your questions made me go back and review.. Thanks

• The topic was locked