Light-O-Rama Forums

CMD24D DMX HELP

Jandzulis

Recently purchased a CMD24D and am attempting to control it with my ETC express 125 when I follow the set up instructions I am unable to get the board to receive data. The Status LED is blinking approximately twice/second showing that the controller has booted correctly and is waiting for commands, but the controller is not connected to a DMX universe. However it is hooked up to a DMX universe, which is sending data. Is there something I'm missing? I got a DMX 3-pin to RJ-45 from LOR, my other DMX devices are working properly in the universe which I am testing the LOR CMD24D currently so I know that the DMX port on the board.

---Help I feel stupid.

Not sure if i am doing something wrong. please advise

johnandulis@venicetheatre.net

I haven't received mine yet, but doesn't this hook up to the LOR network and not a DMX Universe? What is an ETC express 125?

Unless I'm missing something, this board daisy chains in a LOR network. My plan is to connect this board for 8 floods straight to the USB485-HS and then from this board to the CCPs in my matrix. All of my other Pixels will be controlled by E1.31.

So, either I've mis-understood how this board works and I need to do some reading, or, you have. I'm supposed to receive my board and floods next week. I'll hook it up and see.

Ron I have two cmb24d boards I ran last year. the boards can be used in lor network or a dmx universe buy changing out a few terminal jumpers As for Jandzzulis I'm a little confused you say its not connected to dmx and then you say it is. what is the dmx 3 pin connected to

Here's the cable you should be using: http://store.lightorama.com/rjtoxlr3ma.html

and check the documentation for running it in DMX mode and setting the starting address.

Second universe adds 512 to the starting address of the CMD24 board.

The ETC Express series is a very good theatre board. Been around 10-15 years at least.

• The topic was locked