Light-O-Rama Forums

looking for a nice 2811 ip68 waterproof strip

canadianchristmas

Hi, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm looking for a nice waterproof (ip68) 2811 strip, I usually get weather in december up to -30 so It needs to be tough. If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks.  

Try Holiday Coro  (www.holidaycoro.com) or Seasonal Entertainment (www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com).  Ray Woo has lots of them (china) but quality control is some times hit and miss.

Yea I have lots of strings from Ray, with holiday coro they don't ship to canada, for seasonal entertainment they seem good haven't ordered from them yet though maybe I will give them a try. Thanks  

I've purchased from Seasonal a few times and Greg does ship to Canada. I have wall washers and C9 RGB strings and very happy with both.

Cheers

Daryl B.

Put your strips inside of PEX tubing. Here in the states this is a replacement for copper tubing carrying water in houses. I buy the straight 10' tubes. The bulk coils are to hard to work with and wont straighten.

Mr. Max:

Where do you find 10' pex. The only thing in pex around here that I can find is red and blue. The 10' section I did find, looked like only had cut them from a coil and I could get it in red or blue. I've looked at Menards and Lowes. Don't have a Home Depot in town. I may have to go to a plumbing supply house and see if they carry it.

Thanks

Here in Florida Home Depot has them (brand is Sharkbyte). They have 10' straight tubes and coils.

-Paul

Edited by Paul R

Here in Florida Home Depot has them (brand is Sharkbyte). They have 10' straight tubes and coils.

-Paul

+1  Thats where I got mine too.  Plumbing supply house might be able to help. HD has it in white, blue and red and different sizes (dia.)  I think I am using 3/4"

Right, white it is. Blue and Red just dont do a good job showing the different colors. :P

Edited by Max-Paul

http://diyledexpress.com/

Not sure if they ship to Canada or not. Good quality and prices.

Sorry, I missed this post yesterday.

Yes diyledexpress ship to Canada, I've ordered from them quite a few times and am very happy with their products and service.

Cheers

Daryl B.

Thanks Mr. Max. Guess I'll have to make a trip to Columbia or Lake of the Ozarks to see if Home Depot has it, 

Hi, I'm looking at getting some of these strips: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5m-DC12V-30leds-m-10pcs-ws2811-ic-meter-10pixels-led-digital-strip-IP68-epoxy-resin-filled/1480126091.html?tracelog=back_to_detail_a They seem very similar to the 2811 strip seasonal entertainment has: http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/en/ws2811-pixels/237-5m-ws2811-flexible-ribbon.html Any thoughts???

Edited by canadianchristmas

• 1 month later...

I'd just go with the strips from Ray.  As long as you protect them (i'm using PEX tubing) they'll be fine.