Light-O-Rama Forums

xLights and CCR problem

BobinFL

Having  xLights/Falcon FPD/LOR CCR problems and I am not sure what is causing the problem.
My CCR is set for RGB only.  I am using xLights 3.3.2.
The CCR is connected to a FPD with port set for DMX control.
If I plug a 27 channel DMX controller into  the DMX port everythings works as expected.
If I connect the CCR to the  DMX port the CCR flashes are very erratic.  I have some WS2811’s connected to an F-16 also connected to the FPD and they follow the test commands from xLights correctly.

Any thoughts?

Bob

I don't know if this will help, but, did you use a crossover cable. LOR runs from the blue pair inside Cat5, if I remember correctly, DMX uses the Orange pair. Let me see if I can find how to make one. I do know that seasonalentertainmentllc.com sells them. I'll get back in a bit.

Try this: http://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=46

Edited by Ron Boyd

I have been using CCR's in DMX for 4 years now and work extremely well.

You do need a cable to take DMX pins 1 & 2 to LOR pins 4 & 5.

You might want to turn off the "Macro Mode" option also and do not use the 10 channels above the 150 CCR channels for the pixels. Start the next CCR at 161.

I don't know if this will help, but, did you use a crossover cable. LOR runs from the blue pair inside Cat5, if I remember correctly, DMX uses the Orange pair. Let me see if I can find how to make one. I do know that seasonalentertainmentllc.com sells them. I'll get back in a bit.

Try this: http://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=46

Not meaning to pick on you Ron, cause you have been a wealth of information for me in the past. But a crossover cable only swaps pins 1,2 & 3,6. Will have to make a custom cable in order to get 4 and 5 to swap onto pins 1 and 2 at the other end.

Thanks for the responses...I am using a crossover cable.  The main problem seems to be that the data rate to the CCR is about 1/10 of the rate to other lights.

Bob

Thanks for the responses...I am using a crossover cable.  The main problem seems to be that the data rate to the CCR is about 1/10 of the rate to other lights.

Bob

Does not tell me your setup in LOR, please give us more detail.  DMX is fast enough if your grid timing is set for 50ms.