Light-O-Rama Forums

Nutcracker to LOR file

ezimnow

I used Audacity to create timing marks for an MP3 that I use for a sequence in LOR and created effects in Nutcracker for a RGB Mega tree that i plan on adding to a sequence I already have in LOR. When I exported the the file back to LOR it created a brand new sequence in LOR...is there a way to export it back to the sequence I had already created?

Appreciate any feedback

You'll have to select the Nutcracker effects and paste them into the LOR sequence.

Edited by Ron Boyd

If you're using CCRs for the vis file, don't forget about the 7 Macro channels, you'll get all kinds of crazy colors.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to select the Nutcracker effects and paste them into the LOR sequence.

This is the exact situation I will be in this year.  Help me understand this Ron, you paste each individual effect in to lor at the timing marks or you paste the whole completed nutcracker sequence into LOR.  Could the same be true in reverse? Could I complete the entire sequence in LOR and then import the completed sequence in to my NC sequence?  How??

Andy Harrison is the one you need to get in touch with about that. I use Nutcracker for an effect or two. I sequence everything with Superstar. When I can't create an effect in Superstar, I turn to NC for that effect.

send your lor lms file to xlights and convert that file to an x lights sequence *xseg now you can add nutcracker effects to that *xseg file when you done sequencing you convert that file back to lor lms file and play in lor S3

Sometimes I wish forums would send you an alert when your name is brought up in a thread. I always find my name in random posts lol.

Anyway if your sequencing in LOR and want to add nutcracker effects. Just finish your sequencing in LOR for all your AC stuff and maybe some pixel stuff then like Dennis said convert that LMS file to an xseq file via xlights. Then open that file in nutcracker. If you have setup your network correctly on the xlights setup page and configured your models correctly then you can just add to parts of your already done sequence. Now lets say for example you did some manual sequencing in LOR on a pixel tree for example and you don't want to overwrite what you already did in LOR on that particular element. You would load that element/model in nutcracker and select none as the effect for whatever you want to keep. Like in the pic below, for the first 13 seconds I want what I did in LOR on those channels to play then I would just select none,none and it will keep that LOR sequencing. Nutcracker spirals will kick in at 13.1 seconds in. Now if your not sequencing on top of already done models from LOR sequencing then you wouldn't be adding those models to your current nutcracker sequence and they will all stay intact from LOR. From here there really is zero reason to pull this file back into LOR unless you just really like large files. Xlights will run your show and is a bang up amazing show scheduler that IMHO is leaps and bounds ahead of any other show player on efficiency and responsiveness currently.

spirals.JPG

• Like 1