Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGB Dimming

intertrashional

I just purchased a CMB24D board with the 8 RGB floods.  I am trying to figure out if there is a better way to dim colors in sequence editor.  I have no problem using the color fade tool, but I'm not sure if I am fading the lights to off correctly.  The only way I know to fade the lights to off, is to fade them from the current color to black.  Is there a way to simply dim the lights after the channels have been converted to an RGB channel?  The other thing I don't like about fading to black is that there is not a smooth fade to off near the end.  They dim to a point then just shut off.  Is this something I am doing wrong or a limitation of the hardware?  I hope there is a way to just dim smoothly to off then dim smoothly from off to a color.  Thanks in advance.

I can answer part of your question.  For your fade, if you are starting from a full on primary (red, green, or blue) or secondary (yellow, cyan, or purple) color, you can open each component (R, G, or B) and fade that down, but that is likely harder than your color fade to black.  Personally I don't find the color fade to be that much trouble.

As for the second part, I can't help as I have never used those floods and I don't know the responses of those lights as they dim.  Most LEDs exhibit that effect to some extent.

Some LEDs will dim smoothly. Others will "avalanche ". They reach a certain level and then simply shut off completely. It's in the design of the led bulb.