Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Window Gone Wacky

jaanth

I have a 128 channels, on .05 timing seq, with a 100x100 animation window.

As I have started to complete my sequence using more of the channels, when the sequence is played, some of the animation stops working, others come on that are not used.

Channels seem to work reliably early in the sequence, but later on they get flaky as the sequence gets more complex.

This is my first sequence, so my experience is limited.

Is this a sign of something that needs to reset on my computer? In the sequence? A configuration that need to be changed somewhere? Have I reached the complexity level of LOR 1? Do I need to worry about how it will actually work when connected to controllers?

Thanks,

Jaanth

When you sequence, a lot of your system resources are being used and sometimes the computer just can't keep up. Everything should work fine when you run the show as it uses very little of the computer's resources. I had this problem last year; this year, I disabled my antivirus program while sequencing since it also uses a lot of system resources. I have not had the problem at all with the antivirus turned off.

jaanth wrote:

I have a 128 channels, on .05 timing seq, with a 100x100 animation window.

As I have started to complete my sequence using more of the channels, when the sequence is played, some of the animation stops working, others come on that are not used.

Channels seem to work reliably early in the sequence, but later on they get flaky as the sequence gets more complex.

This is my first sequence, so my experience is limited.

Is this a sign of something that needs to reset on my computer? In the sequence? A configuration that need to be changed somewhere? Have I reached the complexity level of LOR 1? Do I need to worry about how it will actually work when connected to controllers?

Thanks,

Jaanth

The LOR I software has been used to create shows with 1000 channels. The issue you are seeing is a combination of the LOR software and the computer it is running on.

We have never quite come to terms with the issues but we have seen an old 500Mhz PC work better than a 2000Mhz (2Ghz) machine. Makes no sense at all but it happens. We think it has to do with the Video drivers/hardware but we are not sure why it happens.

When the show is playing for real (via the Enable/Disable shows button) there is no video involved and things run smooth.

There have been some substantial changes made in the display logic in the next release of software and it will help.

One thing that does help some PCs is to set the Hardware Acceleration of the display to NONE.

Dan & Denny,

Thank you for the reply in the middle of your hectic schedule. I understand your comments about video drivers and resources. I look forward to seeing if it improves with next release.

While the problem is still occuring, Denny's comment about disabling the anti-virus does have a positive effect.

Thanks,

Jaanth