Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Spring Sale

kidcole

I look at like this. The spring "Grab Sale" is just that. Try and grab what you want and hope you are able to get it. If not wait for the summer sale and you'll get it. I actually enjoy the anticipation and inability to wait till the clock clicks over to the start time of the sale and try and click as fast as I can. If I don't end up getting everything I want I'm not upset knowing I can get what I want in the summer sale. I'm sure some will say I'm strange but I like the excitement of at least trying to get it in the spring sale. I will give you one tip, don't get your heart set on any RGB device as those sell out in seconds not minutes! Good luck!

• Like 3

I look at like this. The spring "Grab Sale" is just that. Try and grab what you want and hope you are able to get it. If not wait for the summer sale and you'll get it. I actually enjoy the anticipation and inability to wait till the clock clicks over to the start time of the sale and try and click as fast as I can. If I don't end up getting everything I want I'm not upset knowing I can get what I want in the summer sale. I'm sure some will say I'm strange but I like the excitement of at least trying to get it in the spring sale. I will give you one tip, don't get your heart set on any RGB device as those sell out in seconds not minutes! Good luck!

Well said...I feel exactly the same way.

I feel the same way. I find it exciting.

Member of I R A Pro Club

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that I will be on a mission trip to Cuba on March 28-April 6.  I hope that the sale doesn't fall over those 10 days.  There is practically no internet in Cuba!

Here I am on my last mission trip.  I believe this is an old Pontiac (late 40s, if I am not mistaken).

551471_10201159723339760_2083820008_n.jp

I just realized that I will be on a mission trip to Cuba on March 28-April 6.

Sounds like there will be one less set of fingers trying to horn in on all the good buys. Works for me.

Sounds like there will be one less set of fingers trying to horn in on all the good buys. Works for me.

Doh, I commented on what I thought that I read, not on what was typed.

Anyone care to proxy buy for me?  :)

Edited by eurbani

save the heart ache - ignore the crazy sale, and stick to the Summer sale. Not that much different in pricing, but you can get what you order without raising your blood pressure...  There is a group of pro's who know how to work that sale - my hat's off to them.

Some already claimed "Pro Status" .......so I wonder where that leaves me & folks like me that get what they want during the spring reduction sale & have/had slow internet speed? I got stuff in2009, 2010, missed 2011, then back on track in 2012, & 2013.

Edited by lightzilla

I just realized that I will be on a mission trip to Cuba on March 28-April 6.  I hope that the sale doesn't fall over those 10 days.  There is practically no internet in Cuba!

Here I am on my last mission trip.  I believe this is an old Pontiac (late 40s, if I am not mistaken).

551471_10201159723339760_2083820008_n.jp

Not sure the Playboy Bunny in the back window of the rig speaks "Mission Trip" to me. 

Seems to be an unintended photo bomb...  Right? 

(Said with the look of a librarian looking over her glasses before she says "SHUSH!" ) 

But that's just the old Youth Pastor in me.  At least going to Cuba means you don't have to stop at Disney Land on the way back (Personal Pet Peeve).  Good luck!

As far as bidding.... last year I forced my wife to bid for me.  I work nights, and "I need the night off to buy Christmas Gear in the middle of Spring."  Just didn't go over so well.

-RainyOregonchriStmaS

• Like 1

Not sure the Playboy Bunny in the back window of the rig speaks "Mission Trip" to me. 

Seems to be an unintended photo bomb...  Right? 

(Said with the look of a librarian looking over her glasses before she says "SHUSH!" ) 

The bunny was on the cab.   I didn't even notice it until we got back to the US and I looked more closely at the photos.

I'm really excited to go back this year.  We are starting construction on a youth retreat.  (Hmmmm, wondering if I can hard-wire some Christmas lights into the buildings.)   :D

It amazes me at the few sour grapes we have in this thread. This grab sale is a treat. It is not something that LOR has to do. Up front everyone is told that there will be a limited amount of items in the sale. And not everything that LOR sells will be in this sale.

For those who are displaying their sour grape attitude, Buck up! Children.

And I will once again give some good sound advice about the summer sale. Those who do not do the "Try for Free" will get their stuff first. Then they will begin shipping out to those who entered the "Try for Free". Some times the stock is exhausted and your order will go into the back ordered bin. Might not get your stuff as late as first of November. So, if you do not want to have to wait till last minute to get your stuff. Dont do the "Try for Free".  Just saying and I have seen this happen for the past 3 or so years. So this warning is not just an empty warning. It is giving based on past practice.

• Like 3

Good Points Max-Paul !

I have always liked these sales.  It's much less stressful to get purchases done sooner, and get a deal .. instead of dragging into the Fall.

I look forward to this one !

• Like 1

And I will once again give some good sound advice about the summer sale. Those who do not do the "Try for Free" will get their stuff first. Then they will begin shipping out to those who entered the "Try for Free". Some times the stock is exhausted and your order will go into the back ordered bin. Might not get your stuff as late as first of November. So, if you do not want to have to wait till last minute to get your stuff. Dont do the "Try for Free".  Just saying and I have seen this happen for the past 3 or so years. So this warning is not just an empty warning. It is giving based on past practice.

Even more advice:

Since I don't make the decisions,  The Spring Sale may or may not be done this year -- I have NO knowledge either way, but let's assume that it will be:

There will most likely be an unpublished special sale page for the spring sale with special part numbers/skus for the stuff that is on sale.  If you order from the 'regular' part numbers, you will be charged regular price.  Only orders from that special page will get special pricing.  This helps prevent 'cheating'.

Orders will be monitored for time of entry.  If you put something in your cart from the special page before we have started the sale, your order will be denied.  The same is true if you submit the order before the page has gone live.  This prevents cheaters who may go snooping around our website and accidentally find the sale page before the public at large has a chance.

Every year we get multiple complaints in the help desk system about not getting the sale price.  Every time it was because the customer did not follow the rules.

Summer Sale->  Since I don't make the decisions, The summer sale or 'Try For Free' may or may not be done this year -- I have NO knowledge either way, but let's assume that it will be:

As Max-Paul has said, the SUMMER sale's 'Try For Free' promotion comes with additional benefits for you, but does put you in the delayed shipping group.  The TryForFree promo will (most likely, not firmed up yet) give you an ADDITIONAL discount over the sale prices, as well as a chance to get your order for free.  Shipping is typically delayed 4-10 weeks for 'Try For Free' promo orders.  

A week or so after the sale starts the help desk tickets will start about shipping.  These take up a lot of time since we have to refer the ticket to the orders desk who then has to look up the order and see if it used the promo or not.  Unfortunately, that takes them away from shipping the orders which makes things even later.

When we do start shipping promo items, we try to do so in FIFO order (First in, First out).  However to be as efficient as possible that may not always be the case.  Don't be upset if your order hasn't arrived yet, even if you made it days before someone else who has received their items.

We release no information on the winners of 'Try For Free' until all orders are shipped -- or at least ready for shipment.  It is possible that you were one of the winners and were still charged for your order.  When that happens, we refund the cost of the order.  Others may simply not be charged at all for the order.  It all depends on how/when/where the order happened, the winners selection period, etc.  In other words; It isn't over until it is over, and we will tell you when it's over.

Asking if you have won, or for the list of winners will be met with 'Watch our website for the list of winners when we post it'.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my email...April 2nd at 9:00pm EDT

Break out the lighting budget! :P

Edited by jasonlaurea

Wouldn't you know it.. I am traveling that day for business.. Same thing that happened last year.. Damn!  -_-