Light-O-Rama Forums

MP3 Director

caniac

I am thinking about purchasing this item and let it control my show next year instead of tying up a computer to do that.  What are the gotcha's on doing this?  Thinking of loading up 6-8 sequences with music plus connect a fm transmitter and speakers.

I have used the mini mp3/Director unit since 2009 (the year I switched from AL to Lor) & this year I used the Gen.3 mp3?Director unit because I was running a 12 ccr Matrix. I set the timer to start at 5:00pm & off at 10:00pm & then I inserted the SD card into the slot. It started right at 5:00pm. The one thing you should do is to make sure it has the latest firmware. I have a Laptop that I was going to use to run the show but the mini-MP3 Director unit was so easy that anyone could run it......just stick in a SD card. Now my new love is the Gen.3mp3/Director unit.  I do not know how many ccr's can totally run on Network Aux.A before any problems like lagging but I know that12 work for sure. Of course there is the Regular Network & it to goes up to 500k as well for the Gen.3

Hi guys

FWIW, I'm running a G3-Mp3, the only problem I know of is that older San-Disk SD Cards are not compatible (random compatibility).

You use the hardware utility (LOR MP3 tab at top) to build shows on the cards, you have to make sure you check the G3 option (once you click the create show button, the G3 shows up).

Other than that, great little unit.

I'm running my G3 right beside my PC and will be using the audio line driver to send the audio up to the FM transmitter on our antenna tower (some 300 feet) this way, I can program, and use 2 SD cards program extra songs, and announcements almost real time, swap cards and "Ta Da".

I had some real "catching up to do last x-mas" (so late), and was literally programming sequences as the show was playing.

On top of it for this year.......

Greg

The audio out of the G3 is "home audio" line level (-10db) and as good as any CD player I've heard.

To drive Any professional level stuff you will need some form of pre-amp to go from -10 (home)  to +4 (pro) capable equipment level.

To drive any Home audio stuff, treat the stereo pair output (1/8 stereo mini male to Dual RCA male) cable, as if it is a CD player or Tape Deck

Greg

• Like 1

Because I use a FM Transmitter then the speaker is not an issue for me but if I was going to run the G3 player with a speaker then I would buy per- amp speakers like computer speakers or mp3 type per-amp speakers & enclose them in a weather proof container. For my outdoor speaker I just use a FM Stereo radio & cover it but I want to buy a Dewalt, or a Milwaukee outdoor radio  this year. That is my 2 cents