Light-O-Rama Forums

Drawing Animation

beardedbil

If this question has been asked and answered before please forgive me, i did not see it when i searched through the forum.

I am trying to draw out my musical sequence. Lets say I have 9 trees. I would like 3 channels for each tree. Each being red, green, and white.

When i try to draw this on the animation window it wont work. If i draw a tree in red on channel one it works, when i try to draw over the same tree in green for channel two it erases channel 1's tree. Am i doing something wrong or is this a limit of the program? If so anyway to add this feature to LOR 2, i would think many people want to put more then one channel on a certain object??

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I'm not sure I would consider this a "limitation". If you did not have separate pixels displaying each color or channel you would never be sure if two weren't lit at the same time.

Bill, attached is a screen shot of my animation screen which includes 16 mini-trees with three colors.

When a song is sequenced, I can select to turn on one, two or all three colors at the same time. Then on playback, the animation will only show those lights that I want to have on at a point in time. From my experience last year, it is best to only have one color on one tree at a time because it is kind of a jumble to have multiple colors on at the same time. However, experiment and see what you like the best.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Attached files 142352=8460-Animation Screen Web.jpg

Thank you all very much for the info. Your exactly right if each pixel had to light up different colors you would never know which channel is on. Stupid me. And that picture really helps me understand how you do it for more then one channel on a tree. Thanks again!

Bill