Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR I software issue

Eric R

This is strange and I may be missing something but here it goes.

This is a 176 Channel show with eleven 1602 controllers and light linkers. Last night I had a 1602 fail (Blowing the fuse on the left side channels 1-8) Up to this point the show had tested and ran well with minor sequence changes needed. I replaced the 1602 with my backup which is the Planet Christmas style LOR controller. The address was 0C so I connected it alone to the computer and set the ID to 3 which is what my old 1602 was. I checked in the HU and the controller is seen as ID3 and I can turn each channel on and off in the HU. I connected it to the network with the rest of the controllers and checked th HU again and all were found. The PC controller has a higher revision number than my recently updated 1602s.

I enabled the show and noticed once it started running that ID 3 had channels that would turn on and stay on until they were all commanded off. This also happens in the sequence editor. They will stick until they all turn off. I went back into the HU and all seems fine. On, off, twinkle all work.

I have re-imported my channel config, tried a new sequence with a new channel config with the same results.

With all this, one sequence will still play without error.

What gives?

Eric R wrote:

This is a 176 Channel show with eleven 1602 controllers and light linkers. Last night I had a 1602 fail (Blowing the fuse on the left side channels 1-8) Up to this point the show had tested and ran well with minor sequence changes needed. I replaced the 1602 with my backup which is the Planet Christmas style LOR controller. The address was 0C so I connected it alone to the computer and set the ID to 3 which is what my old 1602 was. I checked in the HU and the controller is seen as ID3 and I can turn each channel on and off in the HU. I connected it to the network with the rest of the controllers and checked th HU again and all were found. The PC controller has a higher revision number than my recently updated 1602s.

I enabled the show and noticed once it started running that ID 3 had channels that would turn on and stay on until they were all commanded off. This also happens in the sequence editor. They will stick until they all turn off. I went back into the HU and all seems fine. On, off, twinkle all work.

I have re-imported my channel config, tried a new sequence with a new channel config with the same results.

What gives?

What version of software are you using?

LightORamaDan wrote:

Eric R wrote:

What gives?

What version of software are you using?

1.6.1 on Windows XP

1.6.4 on the HU

Edit:

Dan, I also noticed that ID6 is doing the same thing yet one sequence still runs everything correctly. I thought maybe I had a corrupt channel config but re-importing doesn't help. Is there anything I could email you that would help?

PROBLEM CORRECTED, THIS WAS NOT A LOR ISSUE

Thanks for all your help. The problem is taken care of. Our first night of testing we lost a triac on a kit board. the next day we were going to demo the show for the Optimist club we installed the PC controller and a Optimist member brought the radio signs he made and installed them on ID 2-16 and 8-16. The show was a disaster with lights sticking on. It was just as described in another thread with the ELLs. After testing everything in the system, I decided that it had to be electrical noise as changing outlets in the citys power pod made a change in the show as did removing power from ID2. While I was standing there with the city electrical inspector at 10 tonight (overtime for him) I noted the radio signs were very white in color. Opened one up to find a energy saving fluorescent bulb. This put noise back on the line and was the problem. Had we not lost the triac on ID3 at the same time the radio signs were installed we probably would have caught it right away.

Why did one sequence run and not the other? Simple, I always program the radio signs last so I know the sequence is done. This one was not done so they were not on to cause the problem.