Light-O-Rama Forums

Which set to get?

Drac

You can start playing with the demo software now, my understanding, up to 32 channels.  You could get starter package now with one controller to play with and get more during sale.  Depending on your skills comfort level, get a kit, great instructions and support if you screw up. 

A note on the FM transmitter, I hear that LOR is offering a new version of the whole house unit, (I was very disappointed with the one I ordered last spring) And ended up going the EDM route (Fantastic stuff), you have to solder the power jack onto the circuit board with an EDM (that keeps it in the "Kit status" for transmitters), but hands down it kicks the (*&( out of the whole house one I bought...

FYI... I have a Whole house Transmitter for sale , real cheap :)

J/K

Greg

Adding to my FM post above... the 3.0 Whole House advertises 150 feet. The EDM I have (can) go 2 miles in any direction (with an antenna on a tower), I had to set the wattage to the low setting, AND STILL get about 1000 feet with my set-up.

the extra distance is nice for those that know the show and what you broadcast on, as they can "pre-listen" as they drive toward your display (Comment about mine from a viewe)r, HOWEVER, I live 16 miles from the local town........

Greg