Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 Director Aux Network not working

Lee Long

Hi all,

I have a G3-MP3 director and 12 CCR's which were new for this season, i cannot get the aux a network to do its thing. I have set the show using the hardware utility but still nothing. It all works fine on one network (although the ccr's lag on certain sequences) I am sure it must be something i've done or not done in the settings ! I have 6 of the CCR's set to aux A in the sequences and channel config. I must be missing something. Do i need the dongle attached when placing the show on to the sd card? I have used the simple show builder without the dongle attached and written to the sd card but this only supports one network. I put up with the lag but now that it's fresh in my mind i'd like to get it sorted.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas, advice

Happy new year

Lee

You may not be able to select the Aux Network using Simple Show Builder.  I use the Hardware utility for my shows and have to specify that the new MP3 controller is being used and then tell it to communicate at 500K over the Aux port.

Walt

• Like 1

I have used the hardware utility and told it that i was using the new G3 and told it to communicate at 500k but still nothing, in fact all that happens is a few lights just hang. Do i need to address the aux a network in the sequence editor?

Thanks wbaker4, I have set the controllers (ccr's) to aux a but i havent set an adrees to aux a. My regulare network is set as comm 3. Do you think this might be the problem?

Using the MP3 Controller I only specify "Regular" and Aux A for networks.  Not sure where Comm 3 comes into the picture unless you are using the 485 dongle.  In that case if you want to run 500K, you need a dongle that handles that speed.  LOR sells it.

Couple of things:

1 - If I remember correctly, there is a firmware update for the G3MP3 unit that needs to be done.

2 - The HWU doesn't care about COM ports when building the SD card.   Instead, it takes the REG network and puts it on Net 1, and then the FIRST AUX Network it finds and places it on Net 2.  To eliminate confusion, if you are using the G3MP3 director only create 2 networks in your sequences, REG and AUX A.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks DevMike, i have now done the firmware update and only have 2 networks in my sequences but it still not working :(

Thanks DevMike, i have now done the firmware update and only have 2 networks in my sequences but it still not working :(

Please open a trouble ticket and we'll get you squared away.

All working now :) I updated the firmware on everything and it now works

That was what I had to do as well back in November. I just remember reading the word "Firmware" & I thought ...."humm  maybe if I update the (Firmware) on the ccr's & Gen3/MP3 then it will work" & after I did that everything work great. I was frustrated for a good couple of weeks & all it was was a simple update firmware.

• Like 1