Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Issues

tkhowse

My dad and my brother put together the LOR 16-channel controller kit that includes the box...and we are now trying to get the controller to work properly. While doing so, we ran into several problems:

• The section for Assigning a Unit ID has missing instruction on how to set the Unit ID on the board. Can someone provide instructions on how to do this?
  • When we power the unit, we cannot get the LED indicator to blink as it is supposed to once we plugged in the unit. We checked the diagnostic procedures, and everything seems to be okay. We checked the voltage on both sides of the fuse and it registered 110 volts.

Thanks.

If you have the kit without unit # selectors on it, you use the hardware utility. Once you solve your second issue and get a blinking light, connect it to the hardware utility. It should get a solid light if it's connected properly. Then use the "assign unit ID" section to change it to whatever you want.

If you have the version with rotary switches, you just dial it in.

-Tim

I'm not sure if it was intended this way but I found that I can reassin the unit numbers even though I have the dial set at a particular number(I have two 16D's). Pretty cool if you need to change things quickly without opening the box turning the dial. Once again as you said Tim, you can reassign in the hardware utility.

Greg wrote:

I'm not sure if it was intended this way but I found that I can reassin the unit numbers even though I have the dial set at a particular number(I have two 16D's). Pretty cool if you need to change things quickly without opening the box turning the dial. Once again as you said Tim, you can reassign in the hardware utility.

I'm pretty sure that if you do this, it will revert to the dial's setting if power is lost and restored. On dial-less boards, it retains the setting until it's changed again, even across power failures...

-Tim

I'm glad this came up. I just finished building two 16PC boxes last night and I realize they *do not* have dials on them like my other controllers do.

As I fell asleep last night I thought, hey -- how do you set the ids on those...