Light-O-Rama Forums

Who else is sad about the display going dark for another year?

james campbell

Tonight is the last night we have the display on. We have had lots of good feedback,and can't wait for next season already. This takes a lot of work, but when it's in your yard making folks smile it's all worth it. Guess I will have have an extra brewskie tonight in honor of this years display

Same here but for the first time in the past few years I am very excited to see what 2014 holds for our lights. I have found a renewed interest and actually feel that I will work on Christmas lights all year... like I did back in 2008-2010. Guess I just needed a loooong break! :)

Happy New Year!

My plan is to run the lights until Friday night and take the pixel tree down on Saturday.  Everything else is just part of my landscape lighting so it stays.  My landscape lighting has always been fairly boring mostly white, but since almost everything is RGB (and I made extensive use of that for Christmas - and it looked great), I will be resequencing a lot of the landscape lighting to use a lot more color.  So I'm really looking forward to that.  For the past two years I have just done an animation show, but am about 90% decided that I will do a musical for 2014 so I'm looking forward to lots of time sequencing in 2014 - OK, not looking forward for that part. 

Yes James, I too am sad. Drove in the driveway today coming home from work and my very thought was, geeze this is the last night to run the show, already?

Came and went fast, seems too fast.

I do look forward to next year though as I make new plans for more stuff.

Tomorrow night will be dark and I know I will catch myself lookin outside from time to time to check the show or traffic.

I just can't pull the plug yet................will run them till at least Saturday night..............if just one person hinted to me that they needed more time to get here, I would leave them on for additional nights.........ahhhhhh but another lighting season is coming to an end!!!!

Steve

It is sad to pull the plugs and wait 11 months for the 2014 show.

I did pull and started teardown already and making changes for next year

Everyone have a Happy New Year and start Sequencing

Thomas.

I too am sad I will be running them up to this weekend and then done :( reminds me of the commercial from few years back were the guy was sad unplugging his Christmas lights

Tonight will be the last night mine runs.

I plan to light it up prior to takedown to identify and tag any strings that have problems.  I have already noticed a few blue strings on the mega tree that need attention. 

Jerry

Tonight is the last night for the show running. Sad but happy I get to start programming next weekend on the 2014 show. Bigger, Better and Brighter!!!  Happy New Year All....

Jeff

Hmm, yeah, I'm a little bummed about it.  Just when I started to get a better understanding for sequencing.  But it was fun :-)

Yes I'm sad because it's over BUT I'm also sad to go out in 27 degree temperatures to take them down.

I'd give half my left anything if I could go out in 27 degree warmth tomorrow to take lights down. Looks like about 40 degrees warmer than we'll have.

This is our last night of the season also. I'm with Steve though - if so much as one person emails and wants to come Friday, I'll probably light it up again then.

• Like 1

I won't start take down until Sunday.  It'll be slow with snow and frozen ground.  Display will remain going in static mode as long as elements are plugged in.

I will be adding more to the permanent lights this year, planning on monthly shows with 'normal' music. :blink:  Hitting walmart up for 75% at midnight.  They have inventory for my Weber tree.

My goodness, guess I am in the minority. I do not get sad when I has to come down, not to mention if you have seen my videos, it is def not a for a year! We have 3 holidays in a row, Valentine's, St Paddys, Easter! Those are the best times to test new ideas and new sequencing techniques. Think this year we are bringing back the St Patricks's Day Display. Then of course I have been waiting for years for Halloween to fall on a Friday!!!!

Although I am a trying to figure out how to get a 25" Pixel Clock tower upstairs to my office........

This was my first year with LOR and I am sad that tonight is also my last night to run my show. I am looking forward to next year as I have learned a lot from the forums and have been planning for next year since Christmas :)

Stood out front and watched the show one last time tonight.  It was the first year, and I had a blast learning and reading everyone's posts.  With all the changes I plan to make to the show next year it will be here quick.

Let the sequencing begin.

Yea!!! I've got my 2014 Display up and ready to run.... no wait that's my 2013-2014 display.  I'm having a party tomorrow night in my driveway.  It was in the teens when we turned on the lights so we canceled the switch party at the beginning and have settled on having it tomorrow night.  I'll drag out the fire pit, marsh mellows and hot chocolate then at the end of the night we'll turn off the lights for the season.  I may just cry... it was so much work.... but I learned a lot and am excited for next year.

-RainyOregonchriStmaS