Light-O-Rama Forums

no power 4 off my ccrs controller

basic

Sorry to learn this bad news.  How cold was the weather to cause this condition?  This will give me an idea if I want to use this technology.

Unplug the controller, push and hold the reset button and plug it back in. When the CCR lights up, you can release the button. See if that changes anything or it comes to life.

I really don't think the cold hurts the ccr's I also live in Chicago Il and have 12 ccr tree running fine this year in the bitter cold temps. I do think the rain effects more when temp is above freezing going on fourth year with the ccr's had one strip fail in the four years

dennis  I took in 1 ccr and 1 adapter  in side too warm up and it has power  the adapter are indoor use only ..when they get cold it dosenot work no power too the ccr controller im going too try putting in a heating pad try too keep them warm.  ps dennis  what is your addess I like too see your show im very close too u...

pete

Watch out for the 2 string leads that come out the top. I had a couple that were open enough to let water in and a freeze thaw could short out the board.

I built the boxes into the props out side so the are under cover. The 5 units that are not I made plastic rain jackets for them to prevent standing water on the top.

That being said unplugging the unit is best and try and dry out. Hair dryer, Rice can dry off the units. DO NOT power up till the unit is warm and dry.

Temp have not been an issue I live in Montreal QC. The temps have been as low as -20F or lower NEVER had an issue. I even have CCRs outside in mini trees.

Take Care

Michael

I purchased a cable box type thing for hanging on a house but used it to mount the CCR power supply inside of since they are weather prooof. Works here just fine with temps down in the teens.

Mine have been working fine in -2f temps. I just put them in $2.50 plastic containers from Walmart. Drilled holes in the side for the cables. Works great for the past two years.

• The topic was locked