Light-O-Rama Forums

power to controller

sysco

I have power to # 6 controller but it will not turn the lights on for the first 2 arches  just started last night any ideas to what it might be tested the lights on the 2 arches they work fine by using a power  cord

Are the first two arches on their own channels? In other words, are you talking about 2 channels, or more than two channels.

If it's a few channels, it could be a triac has blown, or something else has come loose on the inside of the controller. If it's the whole controller, could be a fuse that blew on the controller.

Are these channels on numbers 1-8 by chance? If so and not channels 9-16. Then it might be the fuse for channels 1-8. Channels 9-16 are on a different fuse and this fuse is also the one that runs the communications, the brain and the other chips that controll the triacs. So it is possible to loose half of your controller, but not the whole controller.

Lots of people having trouble with rain and ice causing more current to be drawn, causing fuses to be popped.  Remove the power and then check the fuses.

Max   there are 7 channels per arch so 14 channels total for the 2 arches plus 2 spares = 16 channels  this is the second night it has happened not in row though now tonight they are working I don't know checked everything all a ok at the moment same results the first time  all connection are good  the other 2 arches are working fine no problems at all

Sorry you threw me off with that statement of "First two arches". I mean what is suppose to mean? I took it to mean that these two arches are tied together. Thus only using the "First" 7 channels. And the two more arches on the next 7 channels. And for some reason the first two arches are not work cause they are on the 1-8 bank. And the second set of arches are on bank 9-16.

So, am I to understand the two arches that are working fine are on a second controller?

• The topic was locked