Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Not Smooth with ELL

mryan23

When I'm running my show using an ELL the show does not run as smoothly as I would hope.  Everything runs great for a few seconds and then all the lights pause for about .5 seconds before returning to their correct timing with the music.  It seems to happen fairly consistently.  I am only running 80 channels and the problem seems to happen when the lights are moving both fast and slow.  One ELL is indoors and the other is outdoors, they are about 20-30 ft apart with a line of sight through a window.  I've tried adjusting the power level and it has made no difference.  Has anyone experienced this or found a solution?

Check to make sure they have the same baud rate settings.  I run 4 ELLs and some very fast effects without issue. 

When I purchaed mine they were set at 57K, I had to use the hardware utility to change the speed to 115K, they worked pretty good after that.

I cant remember what frequency band they work in, 900 or 2100 Mhz. is it possible that it is working in the same band as maybe your house cordless phone or wireless network? Or thinking about it any other wireless devices like security cameras.

• The topic was locked