Light-O-Rama Forums

Feeling Left out of the Contests?

rainyoregonchristmas

If you've started a 5:00 AM to 8:00 AM show because there is a school across the street and the kids arriving need something fun to look forward to I vote for you.

(A Sub. at the school requested it this year, never thought of it, but why not)

If you've ever "misted up" watching one of your own sequences for the first time on the house...in real lights  :wub:...I vote for you.

If you're planning next years display before this years display is up and running...I vote for you.

The real question is when do you really stop the planning? Lol

If the audio on your FM Transmitter for your light display sounds better than the local radio stations, I vote for you

If you have people honk their horn after they see a song they like, I vote for you

if 4 days before Christmas and your still sequencing songs for this year, I vote for you

If you are sitting in a rain storm sewing up a tear in a 25ft inflatable snowman, I vote for you

If you need to put your Christmas Lights playlist on your website with what time they will play, I vote for you

If you bought 20 boxes of C7 Ceramic (LED) lights and they are guaranteed to "look like the real thing", but they don't and you keep them anyhow because you say, I might need them next year, I vote for you

when your outside fixing things and the president of the committee of the holiday Light Contest just hands you a check and doesn't even say anything and drives off, I vote for you

when you do a new sequence for your CCR's but you test/play it in the daytime, because its just that bright, I vote for you 

When you're bored during the day trying to find things to do to kill the day waiting for nightfall to watch your display again,  I vote for you

When you find 4 tacky, but still lighted frames in the garage four days before Christmas, and you're out of extension cords, but you still have spt and you make some cords just for them, then figure out where to put them and plan on adding them to the sequence after you put them up just because you're that bored and the wife is at work on a Saturday, I vote for you.

If you think holiday lighting is way cooler and more worthy of spending your creative time than Elf on the Shelf, I vote for you.

If you think holiday lighting is way cooler and more worthy of spending your creative time than Elf on the Shelf, I vote for you.

I am with you on this one, I am so tired of finding things to do with that stupid elf.

If the side of your index finger is permanently scared from tightening zip ties.......I vote for you.

Scarred, not scared.  Although my index finger trembles at the thought of pulling more zip ties.

If you cut open your thumbs and index fingers on both hands EVERY year ....  I vote for you!

I am across from a school and run my show 5 am to 8:30am without to boom box.

If you found out you were the runner up in a city wide Christmas Light Decorating Contest only by "Google-ing" your address and the words "Christmas Light Display."    Oh, and you never knew you were in a contest, I vote for you.

If you THEN found out you lost to a static display with maybe 3,000 lights and a plywood Optimus Prime that was built five years ago or so and is up year round next to the broken down van painted like the "Mystery Machine" that also sits in the yard year round." I vote for you.

If you then go out the day after Christmas vowing to up the light count, build singing faces, and do a voice over just for the judges letting them know that the next song is for them and you'll spend a year planning it so you'll win next year!  I vote for you.

Oh, and if you decide that since they are a local reality group, you need to sequence "Home for the Holiday's" I vote for you.

Wait.... does this disqualify me for getting your votes since I WAS apparently in a contest???

• The topic was locked