Light-O-Rama Forums

3,800 Channels of Holiday Goodness

ryebred

Buying the 12 CCR's wouldn't be bad, its the divorce that followed that would cost the most.  My wife would kill me.  I just need to figure out how to get it in to the house one piece at a time so that I can use her favorite line. " It's not new I had that for a long time"

I would never and I don't expect LOR to state the specifics of their business model in relation to the costs/profits from the sales of their CCR's. Just hoping they read things like this and at least, consider the possibilities. For all I know, my numbers are way off or they have an extended contract at some greatly higher price. Maybe competition is driving the price down at the manufacturing level. I totally like the LOR technical assistance and the fact that their controller easily works with the LOR software and network. Those things add to the price of what a buyer would be willing to pay. I'd love to have CCR's all over the display as there is just so much we can do with them but the CCR costs forbid those ideas.

Shipping cost more then the product did.

If you buy a couple strings than this is often the case. As I said in a later posting, you should ask Ray Wu for a combined shipping rate and you will save money that way. For my $500 order I ended up paying $100 in shipping whereas Aliexpress was going to charge me $170 for shipping.

Also, Fedex will charge you import duties as well. I got all of my items delivered and then a couple days later I got a bill in the mail from Fedex for $18 in US import taxes.

If you buy a couple strings than this is often the case. As I said in a later posting, you should ask Ray Wu for a combined shipping rate and you will save money that way. For my $500 order I ended up paying $100 in shipping whereas Aliexpress was going to charge me $170 for shipping.

Also, Fedex will charge you import duties as well. I got all of my items delivered and then a couple days later I got a bill in the mail from Fedex for $18 in US import taxes.

I thought Aliexpress was Ray Wu

I thought Aliexpress was Ray Wu

Ray works for Rita Lighting but also sells stuff through AliExpress which is like an International version of Amazon. Many different vendors can set up stores and sell things on AlieExpress. If you order through AliExpress then you pay AliExpress but the payment does not get released to Ray until you actually receive your items and confirm everything is correct.

If you get a custom shipping quote from Rita lighting then he will have his PayPal account listed on it and you pay him through PayPal. What I did was take a screenshot of my AliExpress shopping cart and emailed it to Ray and two days later he sent me a document with the shipping quote on it and a quote id and I paid through Paypal and used the quote id and order summary in the notes field on PayPal. I also sent him an email saying that I paid him through Paypal and he responded that he received it and would send the items out ASAP. They arrived at my door 2-1/2 weeks later.

Ray works for Rita Lighting but also sells stuff through AliExpress which is like an International version of Amazon. Many different vendors can set up stores and sell things on AlieExpress. If you order through AliExpress then you pay AliExpress but the payment does not get released to Ray until you actually receive your items and confirm everything is correct.

If you get a custom shipping quote from Rita lighting then he will have his PayPal account listed on it and you pay him through PayPal. What I did was take a screenshot of my AliExpress shopping cart and emailed it to Ray and two days later he sent me a document with the shipping quote on it and a quote id and I paid through Paypal and used the quote id and order summary in the notes field on PayPal. I also sent him an email saying that I paid him through Paypal and he responded that he received it and would send the items out ASAP. They arrived at my door 2-1/2 weeks later.

See every time i google Ray Wu it takes me right to AliExpress. I will try Rita Lighting.

• The topic was locked