Light-O-Rama Forums

USB-485-HS

upsdude9351

Ok,, so heres the setup,, and only my second year running lor,,, 16 ccrs, lor idmx, and two 16 channel blinky controllers,, advanced program yata yata,,, All running off one regular usb 485,, everything performs spot on when manually programmed in SE,, and i am running some pretty incredibly fast fades through the ccrs,,,all of them,, 8 on a tree and 8 on my roofline,, just received a usb-485-HS,,, read all the instructions and afraid to incorporate into this years show?,,, once i install i on the computer, will i have to go into SE and change all the settings for each controller linked to the HS?,, And then say just connect the 8 ccrs on the tree @ the 500k speeds?,, computer is a laptop w/vista,,, and this 485 is the last available port i have..... any help is greatly appreciated,,and thanx in advance,,,,, = )

If you have *any* controllers that are *not* G3, you will need to split the display into two networks.

When you add a second USB, you are adding a second network. You would need to go into your sequences and adjust the controllers that are on the new network to be on AuxA (or the network of your choosing.) You would then use the Network Preferences to set your COM ports for each USB.

Word of warning: Once you have things set up correctly, never ever (ever) answer "yes" when the Hardware Utility asks you, "Is this the COM port to be used for shows?" If you say yes, you will erase your network configurations.

• The topic was locked