Light-O-Rama Forums

One of 8 controllers"tests" well and was running on a trial start, not now

utb ghost

I added 3 controllers this year, from 5-8.  Everything tested well.  Trial start this afternoon looked good.  Tonight, Controller one Lights will not work with the show.  Shut show down, tested diagnostics and all Controller 1 Channels 1-16 light.  Rebooted computer, made sure all other LOR functions are not running ....no lights being worked by controller #1  ... HELP, THOUGHTS< WHAT CAN I CHECK.

Unit has power, tests well, will not run in show mode

I can't remember where the license levels cut off, and I can't find it on the mobile version of the site. What license level are you using?

I'm at 3.10 ......whatever the latest and greates is.  Just uploaded it two weeks ago.

Channel Config should be fine ....C1 1-16, C2 1-16..........

I ran verifier and get an error 7, which seems to trigger errors 28 and 31.  The solution says to unload and re-install - ugh

What could be wrong with the configuration?  I added three controllers but everything ....

Hmm.... wait, my config actually has 9 ( I use one area to cut and paste to and from .......could that be it?  All the sequences have 8 controllers  and 16 channels sequenced, and "dummy" control 9 is in the sequence.  I ran all last year with 5 controllers and the one "dummy" controller on my sequences........hmmm

So, if you guys are correct in idendtifying the issue, can I leave my sequences alone, but just change the channel config?  Oh, I guess I 'd have to upload the new 8 controller config to each sequence sequence by sequence ......

utb,

I believe the question was what version of user do you have. Such as basic or advanced. Advance has no limit to the number of controllers, while I believe basic has a limit of only two controllers. There is one or two over levels and each has its own limit to the number of controlers. I also do not remember at this time the different user levels.

Oh, I have the latest and greatest version.  I think that config issue is it.  I know I have 9 controller config loaded onto the sequences and am only running 8.  Maybe last year  the sequences in the show only had 5 and I had omitted my dummy controller I use when sequencing for cutting and pasting .....too many people driving by so I'll run it to 8:30 then try a fix by making sure 8 channel config is all that is uploaded to the sequences.

thanks members ... I'm already late, and thought I had it nailed down for tonight start ......it's still getting attention without 16 of my 97 channels functioning.

Well, many hours later, and still have issues.  The controller will work the lights , seemingly for a first sequence in a show,  Verfier keeps detecting errors, especially error 28 about channel not on and I should delete those channels that never turn on in a sequence.  I have never done that in 5 or 6 years and many sequences don't have channels used in them.  I seem to get an error 7 too.  "AudioConv.ocx doesn't exist or is not found ..... and it says unload and reinstall LOR.  Trying not ot do that, but maybe it's inevitable..  Frustrated now ..........the controller runs sequences with all channels but once in a show, controller 1 ( of 8) just drops out

Reloaded software - same issues.  I suppose it's a software issue as the controller still checks out ok, and sequences run independently have Controller one lights working.  Just won't run lights in a show.

You are saying it works in the show for a while, then quits? This could be a bad com chip in this controller. Or it's power supply over heating and shutting down.

I had a problem with my single CCR. It would report up to the hardware uitilty, yet it would not recieve commands to light up. Turned out it was a bad RJ45 connection at the controller it fed from to the CCR controller. Check the wire fingers of the controllers to insure they are all properly seating. If you find any that are deformed, very carefully pull them into place...its not easy to do, then retest. The one question you didn't answer clearly was what level of "License" do you have? It wasn't a question about which software version, rather the license level. If you have the "advanced" license, then that is not the issue.

Where are you located? Is there someone else in this hobby near you that can possibly assist you?

Thanks all - I do appreciate the help and comments.

I have 3.10.14 Advanced

All the controllers  but the first one in the Daisy Chain work.  They are ID'd as Units 1-8. 

The unit does test well, and it runs sequences independently with all the controller 1, 16 channels, lighting up per the sequence as planned.

So I think it's a software issue, not a controller issue (1602 Pro all 8 ........my CCR plansfor this year died in the setup chaos and now this chaos :(

what I have is a controller that tests well when I run hardware utility, it runs sequences well independent of any show or schedule. 

If I run a show, Controller one doesn't want to participate :)  None of the channels which all work except for in show schedules, light up.

An interesting tidbit - I setup a three song show using the old "Simple Show builder" and though I have only looked out my office window , it seems like the Controller and all the lights do fine if I have scheduled a show using simple show builder instead of Show and Schedule Editor.

when I run verifier, against the show (my original monster show, or my test shows, including the little test one that seems to run using simple show builder, I get a few errors:

An error 7, Application file does not exist (C;/Program Files/ Light-o-rama/AudioConv.ocx) and an infinite list then of Warning 28 "Channel is completely off".

Calling the LOR techies and hoAM to check that out for certainpe to catch them.  Worst case, maybe I can run a show next three days off simple show builder, if that indeed has no conflicts  - I just haven't been able to escape my work desk this

BTW, I'm in Maineville OH just North Of Cincinnati  .......get lots of neighbor help, some of my show lights are on their yards and houses ;).  None have LOR involvement though.

LOR Techies may have identified  the issue.     Going to run some checks on a late lunch hour.  I think we have it ...... You guys might crucify me, but it might have been an inadvertent sequence with a bad channel config I had buried in a mobster show ..........My lack of sleep past two nights and especially last night will never let me forget if this is all it turns out to be.   I'll let you know, since you have all been most willing to help here.  Much obliged

Not sure I should stick my head in the sand.  In the end, it was one sequence  I had in the show with a wrong configuration.  I simply hadn't copied the cleaned up sequence and inadvertently inserted a previous one of very similar name. There's more than a lesson in my experience  :)  Three houses now running in synch, 100 plus channels, and it runs and looks awesome

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked