Light-O-Rama Forums

Jerky Animation

bboyink

I'm hoping someone can give me a good explanation on this one. Why is it that when you have a song with a lot of movement that LOR I start to loose time and the animation get very jerky and can't keep up? But if you run a small section of the same part it's fine. This is very frustrating.

I'm also have a problem where the animation stops working all together and I have to save, exit the program, and reload the song before it will work again.

There should be no reason for these problems. I'm running a Quad Core @ 3 GHz and 4GB of RAM. This machine can render HD footage in real-time but LOR I can't process a very simple animation. What's up?

Problem 2: Anyone know of a way to use the tapper in a specified time range without having to always start the song over. I tired of wasting hours listing to sections that have already been programmed. I know this is in LOR II but I'm not holding my breath on ever seeing it.

Ok it's now been several days since I posted this queston. Does LOR respond to these questions? :(

Is there a work around? Why is it doing it? It's very frustrating trying to program 328 channels and having to guess what it is going to look like.

Love the equipment, but this software is very buggy and slow. And answers to problems are very slow if ever at all. I understand this is the bussy time of the year but support is essential for people that are on tight deadlines. I'v tried sending emails and far too often I have to send them more then once to get an answer.

If I sound displeased, you're right I am.

try under play>uncheck>move grid with play. so your animation runs a bit faster.

also under play> play range> check visible screen. so you wont have to start from the begining.
sorry tapper needs to start from the begining

one more thing >control+alt+delete>under processes look for lorsequenceedit>right click and set priority to real time. this will make you running lor have more ram

Attached files 142005=8444-sig1lor9mm.gif

bboyink wrote:

I'm hoping someone can give me a good explanation on this one. Why is it that when you have a song with a lot of movement that LOR I start to loose time and the animation get very jerky and can't keep up? But if you run a small section of the same part it's fine. This is very frustrating.

I'm also have a problem where the animation stops working all together and I have to save, exit the program, and reload the song before it will work again.

There should be no reason for these problems. I'm running a Quad Core @ 3 GHz and 4GB of RAM. This machine can render HD footage in real-time but LOR I can't process a very simple animation. What's up?

There are are couple of possiblies. One may be the acceleration level of the display. You sould try different acceleration levels... Set it to "NONE" and see if that improves things.

To set the acceleraton level: Right click your desk top then click: Properties | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshoot ... From there you can set the acceleration level.

The other thing to make sure is that you do not have control lights turned on while you do not have a LOR USB adapter attached.

bboyink:I'm running a Quad Core @ 3 GHz and 4GB of RAM. Good god!!

what about AMD 64x2 duel core 6000+3.01ghz 1.00gb ram :D;)

can i see your computer!! like to compare computer CPUs

Jeff G.

Nope;)

Just a big computer i own in the house i have LED Lights built in it with 3 huge fans one fan is blue led lights u can see and heat sinks with copper pipe:dude: in it ....................................................................try that.

do u think that can run the LOR?:D

Jeff,

I'm running a Mac Pro with Boot Camp. But most of the time I just run Parallels VM so I can have XP and OS X running at the same time. Amazingly, I only see about a 2% slowdown when running Parallels.

When running under windows in boot camp I have yet to find any PC that is benchmarking at the speeds I'm getting.

OK, I take that back I do have a friend that is into gaming and his beefed up machine is is faster when playing high end video games but then again he did spend three time more on his box.

Quad Core is standard on all Mac Pros. I love speed
:cool: