Light-O-Rama Forums

Still working on it!

TonyD

1st year still no show! Just finished wrapping the last arch (#4). Why didn't you guys warn me it would take so long! :lol:

I still have to string the lights on the house, trees, and bushes (all 4 color superstrings). Then place the controllers and run all the extension cords!! I don't care if it takes me until Dec. 31st i'm having a show this year!

Tony, you sound like me. Although my show has been up and going since Thanksgiving, I had the same attitude. And this is my 8th year doing it :) .

And being your first year, I can understand that "I'm not waiting till next year" attitude.

Way to hang in there!!! It's worth all the work, even if just up for a short time. 

it's my 1st year show as well 

just got my controller .

so i'm off to slow start but i got a few songs ready

i've no plans for arches cause i have to think of storage after the season ends ; keeping it simple

Last year was my first year. I read lots and lots here in the forums and per all the suggestions, I started planning in January. I was sequencing my March I think it was. Purchasing, fabricating and etc...so when the lady of the house's Halloween display came down the day after, Christmas started going up right then. It took me a week to do considering I started with 96 channels. This year took a little longer than a week due to weather during the setup time. Always start early. Two weeks till Christmast!

it's my 1st year show as well 

just got my controller .

so i'm off to slow start but i got a few songs ready

i've no plans for arches cause i have to think of storage after the season ends ; keeping it simple

That's why I love the baby sidewalk arches made from coro.  Got them from Holiday Coro my first year and used them each year until this year.  Just didn't feel like putting the wooden frames together for the clear bulb Christmas version, which I would have had to dismantle the Halloween arches to do.    Sadly, they no longer make the Coro Arches, I'm guessing they must not have sold many, so just wasn't fruitful.    

Wish they did because I could use a few replacements over the ones I've used over the past few years and the bulbs are now starting to fall out from replacing burned out bulbs over the time, making the holes a bit larger. 

Guess I may have to see if I can find some coro about the same size and use an older one as a template and drill out the holes, all 300 of them one at a time to make some replacements for the ones I've literally worn out from use and bulb replacements.

The thing I really loved about these arches, was I take them down and could stack them on top of each other on a tote in a corner, taking up very little space.

1st year still no show! Just finished wrapping the last arch (#4). Why didn't you guys warn me it would take so long! :lol:

I still have to string the lights on the house, trees, and bushes (all 4 color superstrings). Then place the controllers and run all the extension cords!! I don't care if it takes me until Dec. 31st i'm having a show this year!

What are you doing in here typing away? Back outside with you and dont come back in here wasting your time till your done and have the show running...  :o

• Like 1

Santa and Max.... ok ok!! i'm trying to stay off this board.....but i'm up to 10 pages unread and it's driving me crazy!! :blink:

Wish they did because I could use a few replacements over the ones I've used over the past few years and the bulbs are now starting to fall out from replacing burned out bulbs over the time, making the holes a bit larger. 

Guess I may have to see if I can find some coro about the same size and use an older one as a template and drill out the holes, all 300 of them one at a time to make some replacements for the ones I've literally worn out from use and bulb replacements.

I bet if you just cut a thin strip of electrical tape and ran it through the hole it would snug up the connection enough.

I bet if you just cut a thin strip of electrical tape and ran it through the hole it would snug up the connection enough.

Dang, I MUST be getting old and senile! {I know I opened myself up on that one, especially for a few of my friends around here}.ROFL  

I should have thought about using electrical tape, not like I don't have an abundant supply of it.LOL

Sometimes the obvious is right in front of us and we still miss it.   Kind of like missing the forest because the trees are blocking the view. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was finally able to get something running on 12/23! My very first sequence, 108 channels. I wasn't able to put up all the lights I wanted or I wouldn't have finished before Christmas.

One of the first (and best) videos I watched a year ago when I first joined was Brian Mitchell's version of Takin Care of Christmas. I knew it would be the first song I wanted to do myself. I'm sure you're all tired of watching videos, but here's mine.

• Like 1

never too tired to watch vids . lol

i like this  that's cool 

i grabbed a copy of  bob rivers and  randy backmann to work on for next year

Never to tried to see others hard work. Very nice job.

Next year you'll just have to start soon to get it up by thanksgiving. :D

Well I was finally able to get something running on 12/23! My very first sequence, 108 channels. I wasn't able to put up all the lights I wanted or I wouldn't have finished before Christmas.

One of the first (and best) videos I watched a year ago when I first joined was Brian Mitchell's version of Takin Care of Christmas. I knew it would be the first song I wanted to do myself. I'm sure you're all tired of watching videos, but here's mine.

Great video, Brian's video is what also made me want to do this song as well. It also gave me the idea to build my guitar playing tree. I thought it was on of the top video from last year. I've also been lucky to meet Brian and see his display a couple times

Nice job for your first year!  Who's the song by?  I tried finding it on Amazon with no luck.

It's taking care of Christmas by Randy Bachman, it was on ITunes last I seen it

Very good job. Maybe you could tell us more about it at the January meeting in Sacramento.

• Like 1