Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D

BlackwolfK9

what type  are people using for this controller...I'm interested in controlling some dumb led strips.  I was considering using  telephone or data cables as i will be using some rgb tapes too..any help and tips i would appreciate

thanks all

Slick_jerry

what type are people using for this controller...I'm interested in controlling some dumb led strips. I was considering using telephone or data cables as i will be using some rgb tapes too..any help and tips i would appreciate

thanks all

Slick_jerry

I think your asking about wire?? I used 18/4 speaker wire from Monoprice.

so 18 all around.....how far can i extend  before  experienceing voltage drop..??....50ft would be as bout as  far  as i need to run.

i have those short 4 wire  connectors  designed specifically for those rgb dumb strips...are they good enough to feed from the unit its self and run 50 feet....  nim a  rookie....and  its my first rodeo...ty all for your help...

slick_jerry

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....but I'm fur from the dullest....lets just say I"M .........."COLORFUL"...  with my lights   especially.. :D

I'm not our to reinvent the wheel...and i appreciate  everyone's help so i can get it right the first time....that would be a FIRST  :lol: 

at that distance you haven't had to back feed ..... sounds good  to me

wish me luck

Thanks again all

slick_jerry

Some people have had good luck running 24 volts as their main LED power feed then dropping it down to 12v (or 5v) at the last minute using voltage regulators.

It insures that there's always the correct voltage where it's needed.

Tanks to you all for your reply's..i was wondering what type of connections your using coming out of the controller  leading to you runs to your fixtures and then what are you using at the fixture.. The very small connections that came with the set of 12 volt led's are to small for the control panel..but would be  enough for a single feed  of lights.the main use with be wall washing and arches....fans...and some other decorative lighting,  something along the line of telephone connects  would be very nice to just be able to plug in at both ends...any ideas if they would work on a  15 foot run or even the data connection terminals...where two wires might be better..just some ideas and passing thoughts....any one have  any tworking systems...save mkje alot of troubles....

thanks to you all again

Slick_jerry

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone advise me as to how to set the unit number to two  on the unit.

every time i try i have to use dip switch 9 even to get it to show under refresh  and then it displays  "unknown unit"  and i can't even hand type it to change

and when i set it to 02 with the dip switch...it  doesn't show when i refresh.. i have two and want to use them together in a single display   any help is deeply appreciated..

Slick_jerry

I use Cat 5 cables, but i twist the pairs together and use the 4 pairs for the RGB.

Make sure you mark the cable as something special and not a normal CAT5 cable. You could damage your equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on buying  the LOR CMB24D  with the LOR 10 Watt flood lights. I plan on daisy chaining this controller off my last 16 channel controller. My Question: do I address the controller as a DMX or just number to the next high controller number, (ie last 16 channel controller is #4 and then would the CMB24D be number 5)

Thanks

I plan on buying  the LOR CMB24D  with the LOR 10 Watt flood lights. I plan on daisy chaining this controller off my last 16 channel controller. My Question: do I address the controller as a DMX or just number to the next high controller number, (ie last 16 channel controller is #4 and then would the CMB24D be number 5)

Thanks

I should have said:Regular LOR controller or DMX when setting up my visualizer.