Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX help

aemnky

I have look on the fourms but could not find anything relating to my problem.  If there is something I'm sorry.  I have 10 LOR controllers and 1DMX Fixture, I'm running them all in DMX mode I have one LOR controller that has a red slow flashing light (no data) but the rest down stream and up stream have solid lights. Any Ideas on this one guys?   

Obviously it is not getting data.. perhaps, with the power off, remove the comm chip, clean and replace it.. See it that doesn't help.   Oh yeah. if it is getting warm,, replace it.

I can see it and it will respond to the hardware console so I can rule out the com chip.  But I did change it out anyway.  I did a firmware up date on it to. 

ok I got it to work did a hard reset and fix the problem.  Now Im having a problem with my dongle with dmx. All it will say is:  Cant open adapter.  It says it over and over.  It has been working for a week now and then tonight this is all I get.  I have restarted my computer, Changed USB ports changed cables.  Don't know were to go from here.

Is it on the correct comm port?

When I have that issue I typically unload the LOR control panel, unplug the dongle (holiday coro dongle), replug in the dongle, restart the control panel and I am back in business. I would think a computer reset would do the same thing. But the comm port could of somehow changed. Check that.

yes is its on the right comm port.  I can open hardware and pick a controller and it will turn on. just when I launch the control panel it will say Cant open adaptor. So I reloaded the dongle drivers did a restart of the computer and still the same thing.     

Are you sure no other software has the ports open? If they can be tested and work, it sounds like something else (software) has the ports open, which then leads to the error when the control center can't open them.

here's an update: I removed my DMX unit and just changed everything over to the regular LOR network for now and all works well.  Guess I will look harder into this after the season is over. Rather have the show running than working on finding the problem. The DMX unit was a test for future shows. 

• The topic was locked