Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Controller

BlackwolfK9

Its arrived and my LED RGB floods are on the way.  When this arrives how does it all good connected together?  Not sure what the lights connect to, where they get their power and signal from.  Just kinda lost at this point and its not all here yet.  Help

You're going to need a power supply to power the board and floods. So power form 110V to your 12v power supply to board. Each channel will have +, R, G, B. 4 wires total. Match'em up tighten them down and enjoy. The 4 conductor wire from the board will supply everything to each flood.

What kind of wire do I need to go from the lights to the controller?

I use cat 5 and solder the pairs together. I have 1 available channel left on my CMB24 so im thinking about getting a couple of these to replaced my incan floods

READ THE MANUAL FIRST.

Then come in here and ask those questions. At this point you are lost and have no reference point. With out reference points we can tell you all kinds of things. But none of them mean a thing to you cause you have no starting reference point. Heck reading the manual might surprise you to find out your smarter than you think. Might even answer some of your own questions. Then you wont look like a total noob.

And search the forums. This question has been asked and answered several times. Many other questions you may have regarding your dc board may have been asked and answered. Search. Look in DMX section as well for DC related questions.

If you bought the LOR floods they come with cable already. Depending on how far from the board you place your floods you may not need any cables.

Thanks for the input and if I had time to read the manual I would.  Just trying to shorten the time to completion.  This is a 130 acre farm that doesn't run itself, so getting my Christmas light show up and running the first time doesn't always take first position.  If your only input is telling me what I'm NOT doing (in your opinion) then don't bother posting.  But thanks to everyone for the useful input.

Thanks for the input and if I had time to read the manual I would. Just trying to shorten the time to completion. This is a 130 acre farm that doesn't run itself, so getting my Christmas light show up and running the first time doesn't always take first position. If your only input is telling me what I'm NOT doing (in your opinion) then don't bother posting. But thanks to everyone for the useful input.

You don't gab time NOT to read the manual. It will keep you from making mistakes, which you don't have time to recover from at this point.

Ok, here is some good info then.

If you have a farm that takes most of your time. Dont start trying to make your first show 6 weeks before Christmas. Start in January so you have plenty of time. How is that for good information, wise guy?

Although I think you dont do very good time management. And my 5th show is running already and my first year I started learning about the software and hardware in Dec the year before. So, who is the smart one here?? And who is just plain crazy?

You can't expect us to do your homework for you, we have our own homework to do too.  It sounds like you have too much going on to learn and get your show going for this year.  When you get your stuff, read the manuals and play with it and start working on next year's show. 

We aren't trying to be mean, this is not a plug and play hobby,  we put in a lot of blood, sweat, time and money into our displays.  I am no where near one of the best at sequencing, so I don't even try to compete, but I still try to take the time to help others when I can even though I should be sequencing right now to finish a song.

I wasn't in the slightest trying to be mean with my above post.  I was 100% serious.  It takes maybe 15 minutes to read the manual if you're a really slow reader.  By doing so you'll understand how to properly operate it, or at the very leas know how to ask questions about what you didn't quite understand.  If you don't read it you'll spend way more than 15 minutes asking questions and probably having to redo things because they were done incorrectly.

Some here are being a bit blunt but the advice still stands - do just a little homework, and you'll be a much happier LOR user for it.

Good luck (sincerely)
-Tim

Tim I wasn't directing my comments at you, sorry if you thought so.  Also Scubado, I do have my show up and running, all except the LED floods that have not arrived.  So I do a lot of reading and studying so that I don't have to bother other folks with my issues.  Due to all your advice and helpful ideas i have completely started and got it up in the last 5 weeks.  Maybe not perfect, but acceptable to me.  We do know now that we will start earlier next year.  Again thanks for all your help.  Have a wonderful holiday season.

Hey Black,

I don't think that Max-Paul was trying to give you a hard time. As scubado mentioned, this isn't a plug n play hobby. Please realize that over the years many people ask questions that aren't always easy to understand, are answered via the manual or were previously asked and answered in prior posts. Most here are happy to help fellow enthusiast with questions, we just ask that people due their due diligence first. Hope you get you issues resolved and Merry Christmas...

It sounded like you were just getting started and didn't want to read the manual,  that puts up a HUGE red flag to get on your case a little.  It's important how you type things, it can get out of control in a New York Second!  ;)

Merry Christmas!

Thanks all for your help and advice, it is all considered valuable.

Actually we just finished sequencing our 2nd song for this year and all is going well, just have to get the CD controller and LED floods operational.

So back to the OP original question....here is a pic of my controllers I carry. Should give you an idea of how to build yours. You need PS, power cable, wire and some hardware. Also an enclosure if you want to mount everything inside one. You didn't state were you got your RGB floods? If from LOR...it comes with a 16' cable so you would be good on that part. Good Luck!!

http://www.store.creativelightingdisplays.com/images/CMB24D-RGB-RTG-1.jpg

One person said they use Cat5 cable for RGB lights with the pairs twisted together.  What would be an acceptable distance this could run?