Light-O-Rama Forums

Stray CCB' on when sequences not running

T17443

My CCB's are working perfectly when the sequences are running. However, stray individual CCB's are turning on when no sequence is running and the computer is sitting in "show enabled" mode. It is not always the same bulb and not always the same color. I have cycled the power. The lights clear and within a few minutes some come back on. Any ideas?

Is it random across both strings or only one side. (did not happen when running)

I had 1 bad string that did that. (replaced the string and it stopped)

I had the benefit of having more than one controller to swap parts.

It is random across both strings on a controller and affecting multiple controllers. The problem actually got worse as the show ran tonight. When a morph ran random lights would remain on. When the next morph ran these lights would clear and others would remain on. At the start of the show it was a few bulbs. By the end of the show it was half of multiple strings. All CCB's performed fine for 6 nights and suddenly started to act up.

Sounds to me like there's a bad comm cable or connection somewhere, or maybe a comm port bandwidth issue.  How many sets of CCBs?  How many networks?  Do they all emanate from one single USB port on the PC?

You nailed it, problem solved. I am running 12 controllers (24 strings), two aux networks at 500k each with their own USB port. The issue was affecting all strings. Went out and walked the cables down and forgot that in the heat of installation I had used CAT5 connectors to extend the cables. Meant to get them out of the weather, but just overlooked it. They were soaking wet. Dried them out, put them in an enclosure and all seems to be working fine again. Thanks for the help.

• The topic was locked