Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Crashing on sequence opening.

Entropy

At first, I noticed that my sequences and audio were under Light-o-rama over in the Shared Documents directory. I wanted to keep things tidy so I moved them to the Light-o-rama directory under Program Files. When I tried to open any sequence, LOR crashed hard. No error message except for that notify Microsoft thing. I moved them back to Shared Documents and they worked again no problems, I can live with having the files in another directory.

Now, I downloaded someone else's sequence and it won't load at all from either location, I get the same hard crash with no error messages. I'm using LOR 1.6.3.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Mickey

Check your default setting for music preference. I had the same type of thing happen to me when I transferred LOR to a VISTA computer. The default music file was set for Wavs and I had MP3. Whenever I tried to open up the LOR, it would crash and error. I did not pass GO and I did not collect $200.

Question: LOR 1.6.3 is for VISTA only. Is your operating system VISTA?

Dale W wrote:

Check your default setting for music preference. I had the same type of thing happen to me when I transferred LOR to a VISTA computer. The default music file was set for Wavs and I had MP3. Whenever I tried to open up the LOR, it would crash and error. I did not pass GO and I did not collect $200.

Question: LOR 1.6.3 is for VISTA only. Is your operating system VISTA?

I can't find this music preference setting. I can't even open the sequence file to select the audio file associated with it.

LOR 1.6.3 came on disk with my controllers. I really didn't have a choice but it works fine with the obvious exception of the mentioned problem.

Entropy wrote:

I can't find this music preference setting. I can't even open the sequence file to select the audio file associated with it.

LOR 1.6.3 came on disk with my controllers. I really didn't have a choice but it works fine with the obvious exception of the mentioned problem.

From the sequence editor, go to "edit"

Then "preferences"

Then "Display Preferences"

Uncheck the "view Wave Form by Default" - that will allow you to open up sequences as MP3's

--

Thanks for the post from Dan.