Light-O-Rama Forums

sequnces longer than sound file

Dale

For this Halloween I wanted to have a Cannon fire .wav play that was 2 seconds long then in channel 1 I had 2 fog machines going off from the 3 second to the 15 second mark

In channel 2 I had I had 2 strobe lights going off from the 5 second mark to the 15 second mark

I wanted the strobes to light up the fog like the cannons where firing but the musical sequences always stopped at the end of the wav file. On the sequences page there was a dotted line at the end of the .wav file. I made sure I had use length of music file UN-checked for time and used a different time setting of 15 seconds for the total length of the sequence. I did not use any events in the sequence I had the strobes all on and the fog machine all on for there duration of time

Dale

I am not quite sure what you are trying to ask. From the subject, it sounds like you want your sequence to be longer than the audio file in a musical sequence. Is this correct?

As far as I know, a musical sequence has to be the same as, or less time than, the media file. That's because it gets the timing info from WMP.

To do what you want, you could do one of two things:

1) Create a second, animation-only file, and place the "extended" things in this. Shorten your original musical sequence to be the length of your audio file. Then schedule them back-to-back in the show editor.

2) Uisng an audio editor, add the proper amount of silence to the end of your audio file, making it the correct longer length.

-Tim

Thanks Tim I think I will add the silence to the end of the wav file and resave the file that way for next year I have it all ready to go

Dale