Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help installing my 40+ lor controllers into Xlights/Nutcracker

Greg.Ca

We have over 40 standard LOR controllers running in standard LOR mode. I want to import my 500+ channels into the setup tab of nutcracker/Xlights and have Xlights run both my LOR sequences as well as my nutcracker RGB sequences in E.1.31. I ran into a problem trying to set up my LOR channels into the setup tab and found a limitation of only being allowed 47? channels that Xlights could accept in standard LOR mode. HUGE disappointment and a show stopper. Must I run my large LOR network in DMX mode in order for Xlights to accept and acknowledge my LOR hardware?

If this is the case, what exact steps do I need to do quickly in order to run everything in Xlights?

My current hardware is 40+ standard LOR 16 channel controllers running in standard LOR format. This runs out of a USB port to a USB-RS-485 that is daisy changed to my 40+ coltrollers.

My E.131 RGB runs out of a Ethernet port to a Ethernet switch where my 3 J1sys P12s's work. Everything works fine separately but I wanted either LOR to run everything or Xlights to run everything. I'm very disappointed to find out the hard way that Xlights wont run LOR in native LOR mode.

I need to find out a easy solution for either LOR to run everything or Xlights has to accept 500+LOR channels.

Another option is to convert our LOR network to DMX mode and I'm not sure exactly how to do that or have the necessary cable change to do that. I might need a quick course in order to do that,

Can somebody help me out who is running both LOR and Xlights-Nutcracker together? --Greg--.

I have run into a similar problem. I am running about 16 LOR controllers, plus 10 CCRs, plus 32 DMX universes. Trying to set this up in xlights is a problem. As you know, xlights sets up each channel in numerical order. The problem that I have is that LORs lms files seem to be somewhat random in their controller order. And because I am running over 18 K channels this year, the files are huge. Is there any easy way to determine the controller/channel order that LOR uses to set up the lms file? I would have thought that all of the LOR controllers would be first, followed by the DMX universes in order. That turns out to not be the case. The DMX universes and LOR controllers are scattered around the file. I can not figure out how to set up the controllers in xlights in the proper order. -- Also, what controller setup do you use in the latest version of xlights to set up the USB LOR controller interfaces?

We have over 40 standard LOR controllers running in standard LOR mode. I want to import my 500+ channels into the setup tab of nutcracker/Xlights and have Xlights run both my LOR sequences as well as my nutcracker RGB sequences in E.1.31. I ran into a problem trying to set up my LOR channels into the setup tab and found a limitation of only being allowed 47? channels that Xlights could accept in standard LOR mode. HUGE disappointment and a show stopper. Must I run my large LOR network in DMX mode in order for Xlights to accept and acknowledge my LOR hardware?

If this is the case, what exact steps do I need to do quickly in order to run everything in Xlights?

My current hardware is 40+ standard LOR 16 channel controllers running in standard LOR format. This runs out of a USB port to a USB-RS-485 that is daisy changed to my 40+ coltrollers.

My E.131 RGB runs out of a Ethernet port to a Ethernet switch where my 3 J1sys P12s's work. Everything works fine separately but I wanted either LOR to run everything or Xlights to run everything. I'm very disappointed to find out the hard way that Xlights wont run LOR in native LOR mode.

I need to find out a easy solution for either LOR to run everything or Xlights has to accept 500+LOR channels.

Another option is to convert our LOR network to DMX mode and I'm not sure exactly how to do that or have the necessary cable change to do that. I might need a quick course in order to do that,

Can somebody help me out who is running both LOR and Xlights-Nutcracker together? --Greg--.

Greg,  you can still run it all thru LOR, import your Nutcracker sequences into an LCB file....and then load that clipboard, and paste to your existing LOR sequence.  If you have the 4 gig patch, and uncheck the undue recording box, this works pretty darn well.  I was loading 20 universes  of RGB at a time, and saving.     My only uneasy feeling came with the schedule editor having to compress the files, decache a couple of things and then recompress, which for 13 songs and half dozen demented elf sequences, it worked flawlessly.