Light-O-Rama Forums

New Hardware Issue Last Night

dgrant

I was outside when a song during the show and suddenly saw all lights went off for several seconds, then they came back on. I mean, not a single light out there was on anywhere. This happened several times during the song. I ran inside and checked the status window for the song title (since yard audo was off), went into that sequence this morning to find nothing wrong with the sequence. It appears I was losing all communication with the controllers or my show computer stopped commanding for those intervals. Not sure how to trouble shoot it other than trying the same sequence over and over today and watch the controller's green lights. If anyone else has had this happen to them and resolved it, I'd surely appreciate some advice.

If the entire thing went off I would bet your show computer is the problem, assuming you are running from a computer. Updates running, firewall, anti-virus, something running in the background; all of these could cause a problem.

I tend to agree. This morning, I checked all the cabling for anything possibly internittent and found everything solid. I ran that same sequence several times with no issues. Tonight, I'll disable the internet and turn off the antivirus then see if it happens again.

• The topic was locked