Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware Updating

sasmuse

I think I need to update the firmware on my LOR controllers and CCRs. I haven't done it in years. (I follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it strategy)  Well, I'm getting some serious lag issues as well as some random light activity on 2 of my controllers.

Questions:
  -Should I do it?
  -Should I go for the most recent?
  -Is there anything I should be aware of?

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sally

Is the lag from the CCR's or from the regular 16 channel controllers. If from the CCR's then firmware updates may help. Have you checked which version of firmware you have?

Your LOR USB adaptor may not handle the faster speeds. LOR came out with a high speed adaptor this year that handles the faster speeds.

With the Hardware Utility you can check and update the firmware with all the controllers connected, but you need, I think 3.10.xx!

Good Luck,

Larry

The lag seems to occur when the ccr's are running the "instant sequence" segments of the sequence. When the CCRs are running my sequencing there doesn't seem to be a problem.  The lag occurs on both networks.  My network configuration is as follows:

Network 1: LOR->LOR->LOR->LOR->LOR->LOR->LOR->CCR->CCR->CCR->CCR->CCR->CCR

Aux A: CCR->CCR->CCR->CCR->CCR->CCR->LOR->LOR->LOR->LOR

Firmware running:

CCR firmware is v1.06

LOR CTB16PC is v.4.02

LOR CTB16D (blue board) is v3.0

LOR 16PC-G3 is v1.06

LOR 32LD-G3 is v1.11

Software is: LOR Advanced 3.10.12

The CCR's should be updated! The current version is 1.17. The 16PC-G3 is good, the others I don't know. Instant sequences can be demanding!

You will need to change the network speed after the updates, try 500k and see if that solves the problem.

Note: Your LOR USB Dangle may not support 500k.

Thanks for the info. I'll get working on that. Someone recommended the high-speed usb adapter. Does it work? Is it worth it?

I upgraded mine to the high speed adaptors just to be safe. There's enough other stuff to worry about! I seen some posts where people are running 12 ccr's with one high speed adaptor with no problems.

The older  (non- generation 3) PC boards don't support high speed.  You might have to break the CCRs onto there own high speed network.

Steve

• The topic was locked