Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels sticking

ezimnow

So this is my 4th year and never had this issue with channels sticking. Started my  trial run last night and in every song I noticed some channels staying on longer than they should or cumming on early or not at all. It looks like it may be a bad triac on one controller but I have not yet ruled out a bad cat cable. The only thing that I know is different from last year is I ran out of cat cables, (not sure why) and grabbed a shortie cat 6 I think. That may be the issue? I don't think we can use cat6 and the box I am having trouble with is down stream from this cable. I also think one other box may be having the same problem and it is also down stream from the cat6. I'll replace the cable today before I panic and call LOR to return a box for a new triac

Its a triac that is stuck open more than likely.

I don't know if Radio Shack can help you or not. They used to actually have people working in there that knew something about electronics.

If you can see the controller in the HU and control it the channels is ok. I have never seen it miss but had several channels coming on and staying on till the sequence called for it and then it would turn off. I have seen this happen many times over the years (7) and this year it was worst. Ran around the yard for the last two day looking for it and found it to be a cat 5 cable come from the 485 adapter to the first controller. This cable was a cat 5 but did not use A or B wiring. Ran a new cat 5 thru the house and hooked up ran flawless. Last night was the best I have seen the show in 4 years !!!

Jeff

• The topic was locked