Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx control lights option

loganjmoore

ok so I can control my dmx fixtures now using SE. However, when I select control lights and then hit play it does not seem to stick. I have to hit play and then select control lights, whats up with that? also the dmx addresses seem to be one off from the SE.

What USB - DMX adapter are you using?

You should have the DMX Listener running in the background; see the Control Panel.

I am having a similar issue where all my DMX channel seem to be offset by one.

Thoughts?

Jeff - This was a problem a long time ago with some of the old USB485 adapters. How old is yours?

I have one of each of the USB adapters that LOR offers and I tried them out one by one without any offset problem.

For control lights not staying on, having any USB adapter com ports defined in network preferences, which are not actually available causes control lights to get unchecked.

You must have your USB485 adapter plugged in to your computer even if you are not connected to any LOR controllers (yes there is a way around this but it is more trouble than it is worth).   Check the box for control lights,  run a few seconds of the sequence and stop and check to see if the box is still checked.  If it is all sould be good. (Of course run from the control panel (LOR) not just from the sequence editor.

• The topic was locked