Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller issue

mjr

I have 8 CTB16PC controllers daisy chained together.  The network cable goes to controller #1 and the others are connected in order.  We completed setup last night and initial tests were fine.  Today, the hardware utility can only see controllers 2-8.   When I plugged my laptop directly into that controller, it also couldn't be found.  The LED on the controller boad is blinking.

The lights on that controller do not work when playing a sequence so I don't think this is a HU issue.  Any thoughts?  We were hoping to start our show tonight.

Thank you!

If it were the RJ45 socket the controllers after it wouldn't work and neither would it work directly connected..... uuummm  HU just won't find it huh???   

Try running a sequence and kinda press the receiver chip a bit.... could be it is not seated right or pins corroded and you got lucky last night.. (on the controller I mean :P )

I don't have anything in front of me but I believe it is the only black 8 pin chip in a socket.. there is only one so it should stand out.  If I remember correctly it is just to the left of and below the input jacks.

Also, how did you reset it?  By the manual... removing the jumper and so on?

To reset it, I moved the jumper from pins 4/5 to 5/6 per the manual and cycled power.  The LED then blinked quickly.  I then put it back to 4/5 (unplugging it before moving the jumper).  I'll look for the receiver chip.

License level?

Controller ID that doesn't work?

It worked the night before according to his OP.. so the lic level pretty much can't be the issue. 

The HU won't find it.  Regardless of the ID on the board it should find it..  so that rules that out..

OK.. that sounds right.. kinda pressure and wiggle the chip just a bit and see if that doesn't help.. if it does, I would carefully pull it out and clean the pins and reinstall it.. make sure you put it back the same way...

Pulling out the chip/cleaning it and replacing it did the trick!  Thank you!

aahhh... very cool!  You are welcome.. glad it worked for ya..

Happy Thanksgiving

• The topic was locked