Light-O-Rama Forums

Can the CCB distance between controller and the string be increased?

Denise Brunner

http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/en/17-waterproof-cabling  The picture depicted is a white cable but the cables are Black and is noted on the website.

The CCP connector has a marking on it "HLS" These connectors have the identical markings. When fitting them, they are quite tight and a little stubborn to get on. I did mine in about 40 degree weather. they may go on better if they are brought inside for a bit to warm up. 

I wasn't comfortable posting a link to a different vendor, but I figured, this would help folks. They won't have to cut the connectors on the CCx's and void the warranty.

Hope this helps, they're working on mine at 32 degrees last night

http://store.creativelightingdisplays.com/4-Wire-Waterproof-Cable-Black-18awg-4W-WP-CABLE.htm

Looks as though Kevin has them also.

Hey Ron,

I successfully used the 3 meter extension from this site last season with zero issue and was looking to increase the distance to 6 meter and possibly 10 meter this year. Is there a max length you would recommend or have tried?

Thanks!

I wouldn't go any further. You'll probably need power injection to the pixels if you go any further. That was about the limit I believe, at least with mine it was. You could try it. Those extensions are not that expensive. Be aware of the color of the pixels at the end of the strings. That will tell you if you need more power or better yet, closer power.

I can tell you I need 11 ft. and purchased the 6 meter cable.  I tried the cables using the test mode on the controller and can tell you I was getting some weird colors and blinking.  I am hoping it disappears once I cut the cables down.

Steve

• The topic was locked