Light-O-Rama Forums

Trick or Treat

tallan

tallan wrote:

Hey Tim,

Ha ha yeah, almost like the AL gore thread huh :cool:

I think were getting a little stir carzy waiting on the release. :D

Ted

Al Gore's more fun to pick on though :P.

I'm getting stir crazy, but it has much more to do with realizing how much stuff I need to get done in the next 3-4 weeks than worrying about LOR II!

-Tim

Speaking of Al Gore and getting worried about getting things done...I don't know what it is like throughout the rest of the country, but here in NJ no leaves have fallen what so ever. I don't like to start with the lights until I get the major of the leaves up. If the leaves don't fall...the lights don't go up. I am getting nervous.

I guess Al Gore was right about the whole global warming thing...:?

Greg

Tim Fischer wrote:

Al Gore's more fun to pick on though :P.

I'm getting stir crazy, but it has much more to do with realizing how much stuff I need to get done in the next 3-4 weeks than worrying about LOR II!

-Tim

Yes Al gore is more fun to pick on!

If I had a display your size I would be stir crazy too!

I wouldn't say I'm worried about LOR 2 just a little excited thats all. I don't think I could use it this year anyway, but I wouldn't mind playing with it a little. Who knows it could be a "seamless" transition, at least that is what i hear. :D

Hey Ponddude, it crazy isn't it, usually by now we have lots of leaves to get up but here in NC the trees are still green. I think it's peak weekend in the Mountains here though which means another week or two before we see it.

I'll do what I can and just pray they are all fallen the weekend before Thanksgiving.
I think that will be a busy weekend.

Ted

One abnormal year does not global warming make...

Here in MN we broke a few records in October, on particular days. Other records were not broken, and those went back 30, 40, 50 years...

Some years are warmer than others, it seems... I'm not saying global warming doesn't exist, but I do get sick of the media making it sound like every time we had a day in the high 90's last summer it was because Al was right...

-Tim

You are 100% right, one warm year does not irreversable global warming make. Weather patterns are cyclic anyway. The media is just trying to sell papers with this crap. Al Gore knows about as much about Global warming as he does about internet technology, he knows the buzz words, but, has no underlying knowledge at all.

That said, here in upstate New York, the leaves are falling at the normal rate, I still have quite a few on my trees and that's normal for early November. I too don't like to put lights in my trees until most leaves are down, but, I am going to start putting lights in the bushes and on the house. If I don't I won't have everything up and wired by D-day!

I think it's clear that things are a bit warmer (like a degree or two) as a trend.

What's in debate is whether it's caused by man, and if so, how much.

My gripes about this topic are a) it's a degree or two. That doesn't explain the day last month when we hit the 80's in Minnesota, etc. and :D even though nobody knows for sure how much man is contributing, there are some who insist we need to take (very expensive) action NOW .

-Tim

There are MANy scientist who seem to have proven theat "global warming" is a result of solar cycles.
Imagine that. the SUN is warming the earth!

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/the-discover-interview-henrik-svensmark

I agree with this scientists thoughts as well ,that saving energy just makes sense, even if it doesn't cause global warming.

I think the warming is due to all the displays with 100+ channels. All those bulbs are warming the planet! I know I am doing my part.

Next year let's all switch to cool-burning LED's and make everybody scratch their heads when we enter a mini ice age. :D

DavBro wrote:

I think the warming is due to all the displays with 100+ channels. All those bulbs are warming the planet!

Hey Davbro, I wanted to use this excuse but only with street lights so we could have nice dark skies to look at in the night. Selfish intent though being and amature astronomer. ;)

Pixeldigger, that was an interesting article I don't recall if he mentioned that this year we are a bit closer to the sun as well. Our orbit wobbles a little and we just happen to be on an inward wobble this year.

I believe Global Warming was created by scientist as a way to get government funds. So they are going to work it for as long as they can. Kind of like the whole in the Ozone :shock: you haven't heard much on that latley have you? Last I heard it was gone.
Anyway we should be more concerned with asteroids and comets, we have actually already been hit a few times by them, and we will again.

Could this be the one? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17P/Holmes

Pretty good through Binoculars if you have em.

Ted

True, it would take some gravity to get it to us. What really is strange is the fact it went from Mag 17 down to Mag 2 within 24 hours for no appearent reason. Perhaps the sun is getting hotter as your posted article refers to, or it hit something which could have deflected it right to us. :shock: Ah there I go playing the fear card.

Anyway it is neat to look at in the eveing while you string up the lights. ;)

Ted