Light-O-Rama Forums

NO SOUND FROM G3-MP3

kharrell76

I got my G3-MP3 to work. I went through all the steps in the Hardware Utility to make my show. I added my sequences to my SD card and inserted it into my director. It then set the current time, I ejected the card and re-inserted it and my sequences play in the order I put them on the SD card. My problem is I have no sound from my FM transmitter. I can leave the transmitter on and plug in my ipod and music starts playing through my trucks radio, I connect the director back and still no sound.

I went in and made sure all my audio files were MP3 files, and I have made the show over twice. I don't know what else to do, any ideas???

Sounds like you may have a bad audio cable going from your Director to the FM transmitter, if you can plug in your ipod to the director and hear music on your vehicle radio, chances are you have a bad audio cable between the director and transmitter.  Try another cable, also make sure you use a cabe that has ferrite coils on each end near the plugs, this helps keep erratic noises out of the transmissions.

Thanks for the reply. I did try those things,but after many test,and much help from LOR it was figured out that my director was bad. They shipped me a new one and everything works good. Now I have to figure out how to get the static out of my fm transmitter. New to all of this so trying to get it all figured out!!

For the static..... Make sure your audio cable is as far away from power cords as possible, try to have it plugged into a circuit that no controllers are plugged in to.

Thanks for the reply. I did try those things,but after many test,and much help from LOR it was figured out that my director was bad. They shipped me a new one and everything works good. Now I have to figure out how to get the static out of my fm transmitter. New to all of this so trying to get it all figured out!!

I'm having to run my show this Christmas on an old desktop computer, my DC-MP3 Showtime Director decided to go bad a few days before show time, after 3 years of continuous service, operating 24/7/365, I guess I wore the poor thing out. LOL