Light-O-Rama Forums

Who is sore today?

ryebred

Well after 4 days off hard work 10 hours plus the display is finished, but as far as being sore i hurt in places i didn't know you could hurt in thats even after taking 800mg ibuprofen each day  

My first year doing this... I took last week off work to put up the lights! It took every minute! My hands are a bit cut up from the cold and dry air while unpacking 200+ boxes of new lights I purchased... un-spinning the lights out of the box was what did it I think.... the pain is worth it as the lights are completely epic! but I have a new appreciation for pealing mandarin oranges now..lol

You need to be up here in Michigan where the setup temps have been low 20's with wind chills near 10.

Dave, I am in N.E. Indiana south of you a little ways and I think this has been one of the coldest years that I can remember for putting up decorations in a long time.

Now after reading this thread, I don't feel so bad that on a couple of days I had to take some advil to help get thru the day.

Wayne

My first year doing this... I took last week off work to put up the lights! It took every minute! My hands are a bit cut up from the cold and dry air while unpacking 200+ boxes of new lights I purchased... un-spinning the lights out of the box was what did it I think.... the pain is worth it as the lights are completely epic! but I have a new appreciation for pealing mandarin oranges now..lol

Welcome Chandler to the crazy mess here.  :)

All those cuts and bruises are worth it when it's all up and going.

I was fine till I climbed a 6 ft ladder to fix a string of lights, didnt have the ladder flat on the ground when I got up to the top it shifted and I fell off. Quickly got up and looked around to see if anyone saw and want back to hanging lights  back is sore today.

I was fine till I climbed a 6 ft ladder to fix a string of lights, didn't have the ladder flat on the ground when I got up to the top it shifted and I fell off. Quickly got up and looked around to see if anyone saw and want back to hanging lights  back is sore today.

Be thankful it wasn't a taller ladder. I did a few things on a 12 foot ladder today, just because the z60/34 just doesn't have the lateral reach of a S60, and I didn't feel like driving it around and blocking the alley for a few small details.

So sore that I finally went to the doctors after my foot started giving issues on Saturday. Found it broken in 2 places. Still have a few things left to do as well

So sore that I finally went to the doctors after my foot started giving issues on Saturday. Found it broken in 2 places. Still have a few things left to do as well

Broke your foot??? Wow, that's going to a bit too far. When things like that start happening, you need to hire help.

Broke your foot??? Wow, that's going to a bit too far. When things like that start happening, you need to hire help.

Wow no edit awesome. Yeah had 8 of us but was running around making sure everything was getting done. Guess now I have done time to sit and finish up any sequencing.

Guess now I have time to sit and finish up any sequencing.

Well don't break any fingers doing that. :lol:

Seriously, sorry to hear about your foot. ;)

I love the comment "sitting on a lawn chair in a t-shirt".  How tough is that.  You need to be up here in Michigan where the setup temps have been low 20's with wind chills near 10.  The only thing that's sore is the knee I had arthoscopic surgery done on two weeks ago and I might add the stiches are still in.  Don't tell my doc I was nearly at the top of my 32' ladder hanging lights.  Wasn't bad until the winds started picking up and the trees were swaying as a result.  It actually scared me a couple of times.  I said to myself,  "Well if I fall, at least the knee won't hurt anymore!"  Should be finished today with setup.  It's almost to the point I wished I wasn't retired.  I could go to work and rest up.......  : )

Hey, it gets cold here too! Down to 66 the other night. :)

I love the comment "sitting on a lawn chair in a t-shirt".  How tough is that.  You need to be up here in Michigan where the setup temps have been low 20's with wind chills near 10.  The only thing that's sore is the knee I had arthoscopic surgery done on two weeks ago and I might add the stiches are still in.  Don't tell my doc I was nearly at the top of my 32' ladder hanging lights.  Wasn't bad until the winds started picking up and the trees were swaying as a result.  It actually scared me a couple of times.  I said to myself,  "Well if I fall, at least the knee won't hurt anymore!"  Should be finished today with setup.  It's almost to the point I wished I wasn't retired.  I could go to work and rest up.......  : )

Hey, it gets cold here too! Down to 66 the other night. :)

Yeah, I hear that. I was born out there in S. Calif and until April 2010, I retired from there and moved out here. It might be colder here, but the air is clean and traffic is nearly non-existent! But, on the positive side, being warm out there is a blessing for putting up lights!

Yeah, I hear that. I was born out there in S. Calif and until April 2010, I retired from there and moved out here. It might be colder here, but the air is clean and traffic is nearly non-existent! But, on the positive side, being warm out there is a blessing for putting up lights!

A BIG Amen to that..............I was just about to finish everything up after fighting the weather for almost 3 weeks and guess what, we just got 10" of snow dumped on us.....I cant even find the plugs if I wanted to finish.........So much for a thanksgiving light up!

I wonder how my display would look as a Easter Display  :D  

It's so funny this post was done. Just the other morning my wife asks me why my morning routine now includes taking two Tylenols. I told her politely "have you looked out front lately?" ;) Well after taking off a week and a half from "work" to get things redone and set up the list of aches include but not limited to finger tips, back, neck/shoulder, feet and legs. This is why God created pain relievers! LOL  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and hope all our shows go well!

Al

All that hard work will pay off when you light up for the first show. Mine is 9 hours and some minutes away. Computer is running already, everything shows up on the buss and its ready to run. Teaser display, no music, starts 5Pm to 5:59Pm, then a countdown of 16 trees starts for one minute, then it comes to life with the Griswolds! Not sure how many people will brave the cold but hear's to hoping. This morning here, it was 19 degrees but clear and frosty. I know the grandchildren will be here today and they can't wait for tonight's light show to begin.

Gobbe-Gobble!!!

• The topic was locked