Light-O-Rama Forums

Who is sore today?

ryebred

Three days in a row of climbing ladders and stooping over and lifting heavy bins of lights and contorting my body in weird angles to get everything mounted and now I am sitting at my desk at work and realizing how sore I am. it is a good hurt I keep telling myself. One more weekend of that and I should be finished until tear down in January.

Anyone else feeling the pain today?

I had Tuesday to Friday off last week and spent everyday of it working on the Christmas lights in some form or another. There was a couple of nights where I felt like I'd be absolutely run over by a truck, especially after spending the day in the cold. But seeing everything come to life for the very first time Saturday night, even if it was only a brief test, made all the work worth it. 

I joked with co-workers that coming back to work today was like having a vacation compared to last week lol

Just took 2 motrin and a hot shower after 7 hours in 30 degree Michigan weather today.

But hey, at least it wasn't raining.

Good progress today.  Probably only another 7 hours to go in order to finish.

I was hurtin a couple weeks ago when I pulled a groin puttin lights on the roof. Boy that suckt right there. Hurt all week long too. Never pulled one of those in my life. Must be gettin old. :)

Couldn't even climb a ladder without pulling my leg up each step.

I was hurtin a couple weeks ago when I pulled a groin puttin lights on the roof. Boy that suckt right there. Hurt all week long too. Never pulled one of those in my life. Must be gettin old. :)

Couldn't even climb a ladder without pulling my leg up each step.

But you didn't quit.  That's the spirit.

I'm really having a hard time finding the ambition to finish.  The wind, cold and this morning, snow.  I haven't been getting any decent weather for setup.  Forecast doesn't look good either. :angry:  

I'm sitting on the lawn in a T-shirt waiting for some heat shrink tubing to cool. It would be a little nicer if I was in sun, but it's behind the neighbor's tree at the moment. 68 and severe clear today with no wind. There is a reason I live in southern California...

I was a little sore from working on the pixel tree last night however.

Anyone else ever wonder why no one makes flavored zip ties?  After spending 3 days in the cold finishing up the display, I realized that I spend most of that time with one or more in my mouth at any given time.  They don't taste all that great!

But you didn't quit.  That's the spirit.

I couldn't quit. I had just got started. :D

Luckily I had a week to take it easy before doing the mega tree that next weekend. :)

Anyone else ever wonder why no one makes flavored zip ties?  After spending 3 days in the cold finishing up the display, I realized that I spend most of that time with one or more in my mouth at any given time.  They don't taste all that great!

You know..... No, didn't think of that. But if they did, my wife wouldn't have to cook dinner while I'm setting up. :lol:

Plus, I wouldn't get anything zip tied. :D

Well, I was ready to get the show on by Thanksgiving night having plans on what needed to be done in the 6 days I thought I had, then on Friday the 22nd the wife says..... "you know with Thanksgiving being late this year shouldn't the lights be on.......now" So I grabbed a quick bite to eat and went outside and worked until Midnight (wearing one of those LED head lamps) got up early Saturday worked all day went to bed after midnight, up again Sunday Morning, now the temperature dropped overnight to 15° and when I was outside working it warmed up to 19° with a gentle breeze out of the north at 1000mph, around 4:00pm it was 90% done, done enough that I was able to get the show on by 5:10pm Sunday, then I had to modify all 39 of my sequences to the new layout and new 500k network and by 11:00pm I had 23 songs done, then at work I finished the rest of the songs and tonight all 39 songs are scheduled and 1 car was watching the show, mission accomplished  :)  

I was doing worse about a week ago when I finished wrapping 56 bundles (of 400 5mm concave) onto 7 belagio poles. My thumbs are still bruised from pushing it all tight. My rotator cuffs still tell me about it doing some tasks. At least with the rented lift, my knees aren't getting ladder aches.

Definitely sore after an entire day setting up the mega tree, making extension cords, up/down ladders, and running around like a crazy man.  Then my sister and 3 year old nephew came over who managed to take a 1000' roll of spt wire and tangle it into one nice rat's nest of wire after running around the yard with it.  But we had fun and eventually got to test the mega tree for the first time, totally awesome.  This is my first year with LOR and decorating to this level and it's the funnest thing I've done in a long long time!

Some of you guys might have to start setting up before Halloween. HAHAHA. thank goodness I'm still young. though I don't enjoy being on the roof. Well good luck and enjoy your Thanksgiving Rest.

:lol:

57 and other medial issues really make it difficult for me to get things done, but like others, I endure the pain and keep on going, well a couple of 50 mg Tramadols help tremendously, just have to take an hour break for them to kick in! ;)

I was out 'til 2am Tuesday morning setting up and running cords to controllers, still got a bit to go, but I have to stop here and there because of the crazy weather in Florida, raining, then not, then raining again.  And today Tuesday we're supposed to get some really nasty weather of high force winds, rain and lightning.    So I don't think I'm going to get much accomplished today.

But after working 'til 2am, my back, sides, legs, arms, neck and shoulders were all screaming bloody murder when I finally quit, 2 Tramdols and an hour later, I was ready to start going at it again, but it was raining again!  ugh! :(

I'm going to dang lucky if I'm ready to start my show by Thanksgiving night, but better late than not at all, right? :D

57 was not the temp, that's my old fart age. LOL  Temps were fantastic, around 66 with a light breeze.

I love the comment "sitting on a lawn chair in a t-shirt".  How tough is that.  You need to be up here in Michigan where the setup temps have been low 20's with wind chills near 10.  The only thing that's sore is the knee I had arthoscopic surgery done on two weeks ago and I might add the stiches are still in.  Don't tell my doc I was nearly at the top of my 32' ladder hanging lights.  Wasn't bad until the winds started picking up and the trees were swaying as a result.  It actually scared me a couple of times.  I said to myself,  "Well if I fall, at least the knee won't hurt anymore!"  Should be finished today with setup.  It's almost to the point I wished I wasn't retired.  I could go to work and rest up.......  : )

You need to be up here in Michigan where the setup temps have been low 20's with wind chills near 10.  

No I don't.  

I was raised in Muskegon and won't go back unless Lake Michigan water temp is above 80 degrees.