Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about Show's Animation Part...

NINtender

In general, you don't want to do that. What happens is that both sequences will attempt to control each channel, and the end result is probably not going to look like something you intended.

It's best to use specific channels for animations, and others for musical sequences, unless you really know what you're doing and/or have some sort of effect you're trying to achieve.

-Tim

You would use background animation for channels that are NOT part of the musical sequence, for example, lights that you want to either stay on or stay off during the musical sequences, like your tune to sign, or flood lights that light up a manger scene. Or lights that you want to continually chase or flash or do some function. But they would do that for the entire time that the show runs. They would have to be channels that you do not use for your musical sequences. I hope that makes sense.

Ok, here's a what-if: My background sequence turns on a spotlight that lights up my "Tune Radio to ..." sign.

One of the several musical sequences in my show has a big climax, after which all the lights should turn off briefly, including the spotlight.

If I include the spotlight in this musical sequence, but not the others, would this work as I desire?

Another way to ask: If my background sequence is 1 minute long, and it has the spotlight on for the entire sequence, does than send one "on" event every minute? So if my musical sequence with the spotlight turns the spotlight off at the end, would the spotlight come back on in a minute or less?

• 2 weeks later...

Steven wrote:

Ok, here's a what-if: My background sequence turns on a spotlight that lights up my "Tune Radio to ..." sign.

One of the several musical sequences in my show has a big climax, after which all the lights should turn off briefly, including the spotlight.

If I include the spotlight in this musical sequence, but not the others, would this work as I desire?

Another way to ask: If my background sequence is 1 minute long, and it has the spotlight on for the entire sequence, does than send one "on" event every minute? So if my musical sequence with the spotlight turns the spotlight off at the end, would the spotlight come back on in a minute or less?

Yes that would work. The spotlight may flash quickly when the musical sequence starts. You can do what you want with that channel in the sequence but every minute the background animation will turn it on.