Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming of LOR DMX

nullagine

In need  of someone who is capable ,able and willing to program an LOR system. I am based in Ireland and  recently purchased an LOR system complete with DMX1000 from a distributor in the USA .He has sent me a test sequence to install on the SD card which has been done but can only get the lighting to work and not the strobe or smoke machines to work off the DMX . He appears to be unable ,unwilling to sort this out and am desperate to find someone who would be able to take this on and fix before i end up with a white elephant and a lot of money wasted .I will pay to get this done .Hopefully there is someone out there who can help me .  

Make sure the Hardware Utility can see the iDMX-1000 and try out some of the channels for the strobe.

It's much easier to play in the HU than the Sequence Editor.

I'm assuming you know how to set the DMX addresses and have all the cables necessary.

hello from the Netherlands,

maybe I can help a bit.

can you explain to me how you did configure the idmx and the device you like to connect? 

1) What id does the idmx have at this moment? what id do other lor controllers have at this moment, (I suppose you have some)?

What dmx adresses did you set the strobe and the smoke devices to? do you have the documentation of these devices on hand?

I use a lot dmx, also with a snowmachine, similar to smoke I assume.

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

www.dansendelichtjes.nl

In need  of someone who is capable ,able and willing to program an LOR system. I am based in Ireland and  recently purchased an LOR system complete with DMX1000 from a distributor in the USA .He has sent me a test sequence to install on the SD card which has been done but can only get the lighting to work and not the strobe or smoke machines to work off the DMX . He appears to be unable ,unwilling to sort this out and am desperate to find someone who would be able to take this on and fix before i end up with a white elephant and a lot of money wasted .I will pay to get this done .Hopefully there is someone out there who can help me .  

Keep in mind that the iDMX-1000 can run in Legacy mode or Native mode.

If it's internal address is a multiple of 10, it's in Legacy mode and is trying to emulate multiple 16 channel controllers.

If it's not a multiple of 10, then it's in Native mode and will look like a 512 channel controller.

Native mode is the best and make sure the Firmware is at level 1.41 for best results.

See if this video helps: http://youtu.be/ESFwt6tbbhg

• The topic was locked