Light-O-Rama Forums

Ribbons Different Shades

rmcjfrank

I had a CCR ribbon replaced this year, and it is part of a 2 ribbon, 4 arch setup.  Now, two of the arches are a different shade -- noticeable in the white  shades.  Any suggestions for matching these up better?   The new one seems "bluer" than the old one.

Curious, are you using superstar to program the sequences?

Superstar does take the blue out but you have to make it.

I have 3 ribbons and took the blue out of 2 and left it on for 1 by mistake and had to back and correct.

I don't think it would do any better than the SE. Sounds like you might have a situation where there is age on the old ones. I have read that the jackets on the CCR will discolor over time. Maybe this is what you are seeing. I wouldnt expect to see it after only a year but I don't know though. I do know that superstar changes the color of ribbons to correct for that blue white color which is the normal white of LEDs. I was hopeful that was the case for you.

You could try to change the color of the new one in SE to try to match. It would be the same in superstar. Trial and error. Beyond that I have no idea. Sorry. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

• The topic was locked