Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing problems with song

Rich M

Have trouble with stability of a 4 1/2 minute long song. If I program in 1/4 speed every note I program hits the mark right on. When I play the song at normal speed, the on mark may or may not be in time with the music. It may be advenced or retarded or right on. If I play the entire song from the begining the 1st half will be in time and the second half will be ahead of the song. I copy the 2nd half and move it .2 to .3 seconds to the right. This does not correct the problem. Playing the entire song from the begining multiple times yields different results.

Christmas is just around the corner. I't frustrated. What to do?

Using .1 timing grid.

Rich M

Sounds like your music file is a variable rate instead of constant bit rate file. I use a program called audacity to save all my files at constant bit rate. Search LOR help as they have a detailed PDF explaining how to do this.

Thanks for the itp.

I downloaded the Audacity software but it looks nothing like the PDF instructions. I think I got the file converted to fixed but I can't find a settng in the preference export menu to call that out.

I'll try it soon.

Rich M

When you go to export a file in Audacity, (version 2.0.0) the dialog box has a button at the extreme lower right titled "Options".  This is where you set things like the bit rate and other MP3 encoding options.

Well, I installed Audacity and the Lame software. Set the defualt to mp3 constant and 128 bit. The timing is closer but if programming at 1/4 to 1/2 speed, the playback at normal does not hit the mark.

Puzzled

Rich M