Light-O-Rama Forums

G3 Controller - Slow, looses synch

stonemik

What network speed are you running? Swapping the controller for a G3 wouldn't be an issue. Adding the 5 CCR's would be a more likely cause.

• Like 1

running at 500K - I should have mentioned - the sequences start correctly, run correctly for bout 4 to 5 seconds, then start to bog down - almost like a parking break was applied.  got the 5 CCR's and 7 other 16 channel controllers.  I've also tried putting the 16 channel controllers on network 1 at 57.6, and hooked the CCR's up to network 2 at 300K - neither solution worked.

YUP its the total amount of data being processed at the same time - I can do the tree - looks perfect - or the 16's - perfect, but not both.  I can do both for about 2-3 seconds - Do fades (ramp up / down) are there large amounts of data associated with that?  I guess 132 channels and 5 ccr's are a bit much

Did you change all the 16 channel controllers for the gen3's. I seem to remember something about the high speed network working on the gen3's, but not the older stuff.

Hmmm  All firmware is at 4.32 on the CTB16's (Metal Case/Blue boards)  -  they seem to work fine at 500K just without the CCR tree, and tree works fine without the CTB's (same sequence file, just CCR's taken out, or the CTB info taken out).  latest version of Sequence editor and Hardware. 

What is interesting, if I just turn the CTB's on (EG the roof lights) and do not issue commands to the CTB's - CCR's work perfectly.  Likewise if the CCR's are running, and I do anything with the CTB's everything bogs down.  Does the fact that I'm doing this have any bearing on it - I don't seem to think it would...

G3director-->CTB-->CTB-->CTB-->5 CCR Tree->CTB-->CTB-->CTB-->CTB

I didn't think that the placement would make a difference.

Thanks for any help on this guys - I can just use the tree alone I guess.

• The topic was locked